JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've ordered two different m-lok bipod mounts and I'm not happy with both.

This is for a precision rifle so I'd like it to be as solid as possible.

I have a quick release one that mounts to a mlok picatinny rail but I don't like mounting a mount on top of a mount. (not sure if that makes sense)

I also have two different picatinny rails that are different sized that have a hole in the middle for the little knob thing, but one is way to small (only has one bolt) and the other is 6' long and over kill (4 bolts).

Anyway, anyone got a recommendation?

I also have the M-Lok bi-pod mount. Installation is not foolproof.:confused: It took some doing to actually get it attached correctly, but once I did, it is now rock solid on my Ruger Precision Rimfire.

Screenshot_2020-09-22 Amazon com XAegis M-LOK Bipod Adapter Mount Fits on M-Lok System - Mlok ...png

Last Edited:
GG&G bipods are nice. I had a heavy duty XDS on a 50 bmg and it was rock solid. They have M-lok adapters

I also have the M-Lok bi-pod mount. Installation is not foolproof.:confused: It took some doing to actually get it attached correctly, but once I did, it is now rock solid on my Ruger Precision Rimfire.

View attachment 753187
I have that! I installed it but I couldn't get my harris bipod to tighten up on it. The knob sticks out too far for my BRM-S. I tightened the knob down and the bipod on it as far as I could, nada. I even tried to change out the knob from another piece but no luck.

One of mine is on a 300prc RPR and it works great. 15lb+ of rifle and optic are sitting on it. I also recommend installing a tensioning lever on the bipod to replace that knurled nut. It makes it much easier and faster to tighten up. There are a few manufactures, these are what I have.

One of mine is on a 300prc RPR and it works great. 15lb+ of rifle and optic are sitting on it. I also recommend installing a tensioning lever on the bipod to replace that knurled nut. It makes it much easier and faster to tighten up. There are a few manufactures, these are what I have.

Got one of those on the way also! Thanks!

Just so I can try to determine why the Harris-type bi-pod will not snug up on your M-Lok bi-pod stud...And tell me if the information is redundant to you and/or if it's none of my business...

My bi-pod, as I've already said, is/was quite snug, using the same setup. This caused me to go look at mine, and I see the tightening screw is screwed in all the way, with now the tiniest bit of wiggle. From the factory, the bi-pod has a compressible rubber or fiber friction-strip stuck on each contacting surface. If my bi-pod got loose, I'd just stick on an extra thickness of this rubber strip, and it should again tighten up nicely.

Unless I'm missing something else concerning yours...:s0037:

Seems like adding a strip could be an option if it can't get something to work.

Seems odd to me though the popularity of the RPR and the harris bipod should be easy enough to find a solid mount. I'll see if I can't get you a pic or two in the morning with the Xaegis installed.

Hell I could be missing something also, it's my first (new) bipod in 20 years.

I have Bi-pods on two of my varmint rifles. I was thinking that they sure weren't all that steady. Then I realized that they do have a lot of moving parts and anything that moves will wiggle. I don't have a solution to your dilemma, just a comment about my own "wiggle" issues.

Best idea is to mount a picatinny rail section to the mlok forend with locktight on the screws, and use an Atlas Bipod on that rail. That is as solid as you can get without going to a spigot mount or an ARCA rail.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top