JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking around since getting an MKIV, I come to realize the flashy upgrades are more intended for race guns. I don't want all the bling, necessarily.
I found several trigger shoes, but they also come with more bits and pieces, and the price increase. Then I found this one that might be what I'm looking for in adjust-ability. Less the gold anodize. I'm fine with black. Silver, even better.
All these fancy colors. At a price I can't wrap my head around for a .22.

Has anyone else been in my position, just wanting a flat trigger? What did you do?
I'm somewhat remorseful buying an MKIV Lite. I should have bought a target or hunter model.

A Volquartson trigger kit and a Tandemcross flat trigger make for a great trigger setup, you can just go with the trigger if that's all you want, also it's very easy to buy other barrels for your MKIV.

This shop has all sorts of other uppers for the MKIV - Mk IV Standard Frame Parts - you can get a black target upper for $120, the hunter is $220.

I think for the flat trigger, it's Tandemkross - I'm not sure I've seen any others. Unfortunately, they are proud of their offerings $$. ;)

I tried and tested flat faced triggers and even those with the pointy diamonds on the trigger shoe face. Problem is, my trigger finger ain't flat, it has a curve to it, so a trigger like the original Ruger Mark trigger gives my trigger finger much more comfort.
I've reworked most every type of trigger for the Ruger Mark pistols over the years adding pre and over-travel screws so that trigger movement can be shortened up for the users desire. But, I prefer to have the pre-travel screw come straight out of the trigger face rather than at an angle whereby only a tiny portion of the adjustment screws edge touches the inside frame face. Then, I use a hard nylon insert to prevent the over-travel screw from digging in the frame where that screw touches. On the flat faced over-travel screw in the trigger that TK has made for them, I've noticed that the nylon tip they use is very tiny and weak, and mushrooms over is a very short period of time.:

9LltcZll.jpg

Also, when reworking the aluminum factory Ruger triggers, and a few others that are made from aluminum, I've noticed that the pivot pin hole on these triggers is often found to be elliptical, and often has a bit of wobble present. Best way to fix that situation is to install a steel bushing that press fits into the trigger and over the pivot pin with only 0.0003-inch clearance so it operates very smoothly with no wobble or side to side movement:

8T6KCZzl.jpg