JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a class I can take with my family (grown sons and one of their girlfriends). We've all taken the basic firearms class at OFA or we shoot action shooting. So we don't need "this is a pistol" training. I saw a link for MK Tactical. Seems like it might be fun to take their 2 defensive pistol classes.

I've bought some things there. Mike seems like a nice guy. What is the background of the instructors? Are they any good? What range do they use for the classes?

Their new live fire range isn't open yet so all training is done on their simulators. They use both the single screen and the 300degree simulator.

I have gone with friends, we didn't really go for training, more for fun. We had a great time.

the guys pretty cool, I took my wife and I through his or/ut chl class. iirc he was a pistol competitor in Germany? cant remember if he was le. don't think he was mil

the guys pretty cool, I took my wife and I through his or/ut chl class. iirc he was a pistol competitor in Germany? cant remember if he was le. don't think he was mil

Michael ran a Gun Club in Germany. He was very active in their competitive shooting scene. He initially came over here for IPSC pistol competitions and fell in love with our country and our freedoms. He is now a naturalized citizen and an active defender of our rights.
This summer he is offering both beginning and more advanced pistol training and tactics classes with lots of live fire.
Michael is a great resource for teaching ladies the basics including gun fit and concealment.

The Warden went the end of May to the Basic handgun course. She was afraid of guns and ammunition before. Now a different tune, she wants to go shooting. We uses a "Private" range a few miles north of Forest Grove. Excellent training. Very pleased. They ask for a mainstream gun, nothing small in size. Caliber is not a real issue, but they prefer a center fire full size weapon. It is easier for them to see and correct the client. They believe from experience that learning the basics on a full size provides a foundation for a bigger size.

The Warden went the end of May to the Basic handgun course. She was afraid of guns and ammunition before. Now a different tune, she wants to go shooting. We uses a "Private" range a few miles north of Forest Grove. Excellent training. Very pleased. They ask for a mainstream gun, nothing small in size. Caliber is not a real issue, but they prefer a center fire full size weapon. It is easier for them to see and correct the client. They believe from experience that learning the basics on a full size provides a foundation for a bigger size.

I wonder if this counts out the M&P Shield. It will be my new carry gun and I wanted to use that for the class.

They will allow it, just not recommend it, as a bigger pistol is again better to learn on or with. They will loan you a Glock. Talk to them they don't bite.

I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about MK Tactical. Michael and Mike were the instructors at the "Basic defensive pistol" course, and it was very well taught. (Both are NRA instructors) We had a small group-6-7 people, who all had very different skill levels, and they did an amazing job at teaching very practical shooting techniques and drills. I was so impressed, that I attended the "Advanced defensive pistol" course the next day, and the course was more than I expected. It was very fluid, great range drills, moving, shooting, and Michael delivered excellent instruction as a group as well as individually. I also attended their concealed carry class (OR and UT) and compared to the other class I took some years back, I got much more out of this class. Overall, I feel like I got much more than I paid for the cost of the class and ammo. I would highly recommend their classes, as well as their custom holsters! Very respectable business in my opinion, and I have already made plans to attend another set of classes.

Can't speak for their training. However, I have purchased two firearms from MK as well as had a few holsters made by them. I think Michael is a class act...in my opinion he has some of the best customer service in the Portland metro area.

While we are on the topic of great shops... Razor Six Tactical in Hillsboro (Just a couple miles from MK) is a great gear shop with a great staff. Some of their brand gear has made the pages of Recoil Magazine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top