JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Boy did I make a mistake letting the wife watch the new American Guns TV Show the other night.

On the show there was this gal who wanted a customized "PINK" Colt 1911. Now my wife wants one of her guns done up pink.

She has several different guns that she normally carries, was thinking of getting some custom grips, but where would you go to get a PINK (YUK) :s0112::s0114::s0112: paint job done on a gun?

I don't have that problem. Wife wanting a pink gun that is. We saw that episode and she was mortified (much like the shop owner) that anyone would want to take an 1911 and make it pink. She does like the occasional stainless, but no pink guns for her LOL..
She doesn't even like painted AR's. She likes her AR black, like nature intended.:s0112::s0155:

Another Option is to buy her a Charter Arms "Pink Lady" they're available in many different models and calibers. They must have 10 handguns or more done in pink. There are dozens of Rifles available with Pink Stocks, in Pink Camo, and other combinations. The .22 caliber Cricket Single Shot is available in Pink too. It never ends.

S&W Even made a Model 3913 in Pink. It's Called the "Ladysmith"

A pink pistol can be a miriad of tones.
There is Savannah Rose Pink. It's a very deep rose tone, just short of red and non-irritating. It's considered a Victorian color and very popular in the deep south.
There is Pepto-Bismol Pink. My wife said the pistol on American Guns was this color. Very nauseating (Sorry Peto, it really is a nasty color)
You could go to a soft pastel Pink, Electric Pink or just about any other tone you could think of.

Best bet is to go over to your local paint store and have her pick out exactly the tone she wants. Any powder coater in the country should be able to match exactly what she wants very easily.

It's her gun. Let her get what she likes. And, I'll bet once she starts showing it off to her friends many of them will want to do the same.
Then we end up with a whole new group of gun advocates at the voting booth. Ladies with guns is a very good thing!
My wife currently owns 4 handguns and 2 rifles. Thankfully, nothing in pink though. We had this discussion. She thinks it's silly. But agreed, it's her gun and her choice. If she'll use it just because it's pink, give her the pink gun. She won't be victimized, that's for sure. The perp will probably never realize it's pink anyway. He'll only see the barrel end.

It's Win-Win for everybody.

Regards,
Gregory

Any Powder Coater in the country can do it easily. it'll cost around $50-$75 to get a slide and frame done.
It might cost a bit more if they need to custom blend the color.

First of all, take it to a gunsmith and have it totally dis-assembled, 100%.
Then take the frame and slide (If you want them both done) to a powder coater.
Your Gunsmith can tell you what needs to be masked off so it'll work when your done.
You can easily find a Powder Coater in the yellow pages.
After it's completed, take it back to the gunsmith and re-assemble it. The whole process will cost somewhere around $200-$250

Regards,
Gregory

My brother had some knives and one of his guns duracoated by Missionspeccamo.com. They turned out awesome. If my benelli doesn't sell then I will be sending it it to but duracoated at Missionspeccamo.com. Check out the website for colors and they have a gallery of some of the work they have done.

The company I work for molds many of the Butler Creek Uncle Mike's products. We recently quoted grips for S&W K & J frame revolvers in Hot Pink for them.
So far they haven't ordered any yet, but it's coming.
Imagine a S&W model 19 .357 magnum revolver with hot pink grips.

Now that'll be something to behold.
GQ

Boy did I make a mistake letting the wife watch the new American Guns TV Show the other night.

On the show there was this gal who wanted a customized "PINK" Colt 1911. Now my wife wants one of her guns done up pink.

She has several different guns that she normally carries, was thinking of getting some custom grips, but where would you go to get a PINK (YUK) :s0112::s0114::s0112: paint job done on a gun?

NO

Personally, I thought they were hideous.

Gotta ask

The pink gun or the fake boobs?

One of the shops up here has some kind of paint he does guns in and it looks factory.I just can't remember the name of it.He just does the plastic though.

Taurus also has a pink framed revolver,amongst other bad colors

Ya, my wife watched that episode and now she wants a boob job!
That's what I originaly thought the OP was about. I mean literally.:)

Does anybody here have a recommendation or experience with any of the gun refinishing vendors?
Give her a few days, to see if the pink excitement wears off, lest you end up "mutilating" one of your beauties for nothing. :s0112::s0114:

:s0114:That's a problem I'd love to have. My wife hates guns. I am sure several folks will be glad to help.

Same here although she did ask the difference between a magazine and clip last weekend when we were out in the motorhome. I only carry magazines so I had to try and show her how a clip was formed and used. She also had me show the 11 year old grandson that we're raising. Later I found a speed loader that looked like a clip and showed that to her with an explanation of how it was close but not totally correct.

If I could get her to use/carry a pink gun, let alone any gun, I'd rush to get it for her!!

I remember not too long ago a lady stopped a home invasion by emptying a pink pistol (I think it was an LCP 380) into a home invader. At the time I thought the whole pink thing was brilliant. No DA would bother bringing her up on any possible charges. A jury would hear 'pink gun', that is all she wrote.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top