JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I told the Missus that I'm going to get my CPL. Surprisingly, she said she wants hers as well. This is good because she leaves the house more than I. We work from home and sometimes I don't leave the mountain compound for a week at a time, while she's always leaving to meet with clients and such.

We're going down to the sheriff's office next week. The processing is supposed to take a couple weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to start the New Year as carriers.

Whiskey and firearms! This is what makes America great!

Whiskey and firearms! This is what makes America great!

Like oil and water. BUT, I've had mine for 20 years, in three different states. Celebrate tonight. I'm with you there. Then tomorrow or Monday when you're done paying the price get back to reality and get your license. Power in numbers.

Just got back from the sheriff's office filling out the paperwork and fingerprints. Dang, that took a long time, and it's gonna be another 4-6 weeks before the license comes. Lots of applications.

Ask where you might go on a drive - ID? You would be covered.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

There's reciprocity between WA and ID and MT. Oregon is different, so I'll avoid that state if I can. The Missus might be going to NM to visit our kid, and a lot of the states she'll pass through don't have reciprocity – we'll need to figure out what is allowed (stored unloaded, locked away, whatever) and sort out how to comply.

I'm all for Federalism, letting the states make their own rules, but that sure gets inconvenient at times.

My last three expired (Clackamas county). In the real old days they'd mail you a reminder.. then they stopped. This last time (boy, it's fast how fast four years goes by!) mine lapsed four months and they told me that now they'll remind you before expiration via e-mail.. so do that. Make sure you're in their e-mail system.
Just a note, I chose to not be in their e-mail system and on both occasions of renewing a lapsed license there were no problems, delays or additional late penalties etc.. just go in on appointment date and outa there with a new one in five minutes. nice
Oh, welcome to the club.

My last three expired (Clackamas county). In the real old days they'd mail you a reminder.. then they stopped. This last time (boy, it's fast how fast four years goes by!) mine lapsed four months and they told me that now they'll remind you before expiration via e-mail.. so do that. Make sure you're in their e-mail system.
Just a note, I chose to not be in their e-mail system and on both occasions of renewing a lapsed license there were no problems, delays or additional late penalties etc.. just go in on appointment date and outa there with a new one in five minutes. nice

Here in Spokane County they don't notify us. The data-entry gal told us the window for renewal is 90 days prior and 90 days after. That's 6 months! I think I'll be able to manage remembering in that time-frame.

Oh, welcome to the club.
Thanks! Though I can't use my membership until the card comes in the mail.

Here in Spokane County they don't notify us. The data-entry gal told us the window for renewal is 90 days prior and 90 days after. That's 6 months! I think I'll be able to manage remembering in that time-frame.

Thanks! Though I can't use my membership until the card comes in the mail.
Yea, I think it's a racket anyway.

No argument there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews