Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Missus and I getting our CPL

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by sigmadog, Nov 26, 2016.

1. sigmadog

sigmadog Spokane area Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I told the Missus that I'm going to get my CPL. Surprisingly, she said she wants hers as well. This is good because she leaves the house more than I. We work from home and sometimes I don't leave the mountain compound for a week at a time, while she's always leaving to meet with clients and such.

We're going down to the sheriff's office next week. The processing is supposed to take a couple weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to start the New Year as carriers.

ikemay, Glock Jock, Sgt Nambu and 5 others like this.
  2. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Wifey and I both have our CPL's. We agreed that it would be prudent for her to have a CPL in case there was an earthquake or other.

Sgt Nambu and sigmadog like this.
  3. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Should you be getting a CPL?...considering you advertise that sometimes you drink to excess?:eek: (what goes on the net, stays on the net.);)

Saturday evening and I'm drunk

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    oknow and sigmadog like this.
  4. sigmadog

Whiskey and firearms! This is what makes America great!

Larrytpdx, Pops1911 and albin25 like this.
  5. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter

Like oil and water. BUT, I've had mine for 20 years, in three different states. Celebrate tonight. I'm with you there. Then tomorrow or Monday when you're done paying the price get back to reality and get your license. Power in numbers.

6. sigmadog

I prefer "Like wives and girlfriends: best when never together."

DB Wesner, Larrytpdx and mtm68 like this.
  7. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

Wife and I got ours together at the same time. Recommend it for everyone. :)

sigmadog, ATCclears and AndyinEverson like this.
  8. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

9. DB Wesner

DB Wesner Tacoma You need more cowbell. Silver Supporter

I've got mine for WA and just submitted for OR...wish it was Constitutional Carry like ID.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  10. sigmadog

Just got back from the sheriff's office filling out the paperwork and fingerprints. Dang, that took a long time, and it's gonna be another 4-6 weeks before the license comes. Lots of applications.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  11. sigmadog

There's reciprocity between WA and ID and MT. Oregon is different, so I'll avoid that state if I can. The Missus might be going to NM to visit our kid, and a lot of the states she'll pass through don't have reciprocity – we'll need to figure out what is allowed (stored unloaded, locked away, whatever) and sort out how to comply.

I'm all for Federalism, letting the states make their own rules, but that sure gets inconvenient at times.

12. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

My last three expired (Clackamas county). In the real old days they'd mail you a reminder.. then they stopped. This last time (boy, it's fast how fast four years goes by!) mine lapsed four months and they told me that now they'll remind you before expiration via e-mail.. so do that. Make sure you're in their e-mail system.
    Just a note, I chose to not be in their e-mail system and on both occasions of renewing a lapsed license there were no problems, delays or additional late penalties etc.. just go in on appointment date and outa there with a new one in five minutes. nice
    Oh, welcome to the club.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  13. sigmadog

Here in Spokane County they don't notify us. The data-entry gal told us the window for renewal is 90 days prior and 90 days after. That's 6 months! I think I'll be able to manage remembering in that time-frame.

Thanks! Though I can't use my membership until the card comes in the mail.

Certaindeaf likes this.
  14. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Yea, I think it's a racket anyway.

sigmadog likes this.
  15. sigmadog

No argument there.