Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Missouri Legislature Nullifies All Federal Gun Control Measures

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by dmancornell, May 9, 2013.

1. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Excellent news.

3. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

Imagine it will be treated much like the federal government did at the beginning with medical marijuana laws. They'll bust a few people for full auto's & making their own suppressors but most of the people thankfully will not be bothered by the feds. I read Texas is looking into writing similar legislation. Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Arizona, Kentucky & a few other States will eventually pass the same type of law. Just like medical marijuana.

4. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Up the 10th!

5. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Well, that pretty much sums up who has the ultimate power between the states and the federal government. The states...well actually The People.

Does that also mean that The Constitution of the United States is second to each States Constitution?

If so, I bet the fed doesn't like being put in its place.

6. Father of four

Interesting read....

Lincoln’s Spectacular Lie by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

"...Thus, all three of these founding documents — the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, and the Constitution — declare the states to be free and independent. Sovereignty lies in the citizens of the free and independent states, not the people as a whole. The founders feared mass democracy and sought to strictly limit its domain. It is patently absurd to argue that the government they created was meant to be a mass democracy of "the whole people." ..."

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

kudos for Missouri if there weren't so many tornadoes and 20 feet of snow each year I might just contemplating retiring there... Sounds like my kind of state, but there are no salmon or steelhead there!!!!

8. Father of four

The KC Chief's football team usually stink but they do have a huge supply of loyal fans there. :p The barbeque there is some of the best in the world. Yes, tornadoes can and do pop up anywhere at anytime and there are usually some pretty bad snow and ice storms in the winter months. Traffic stinks. Oh yeah, they grow some freakishly HUGE catfish there.

I liked living there 12+ years ago. :thumbup:

9. Haysuse

Haysuse Headin' to Hell Member

Not to mention all the sister humpin' & bible thumpin'.

jluck, Stomper, Redcap and 5 others like this.
  10. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

11. Father of four

:thumbup:

12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LMAO! :bluelaugh:

13. JV100

JV100 portland/wilsonville Active Member

When are we going to get a law passed like this here in Oregon? Be great in my opinion.

jjackffrost and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

The same time as here in WA. Has about the same chance of the paper dog catching the asbestos cat on their trip through the classical version of "Hell".

15. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

That's what the initiative process is for... especially since that process would make it CLEARLY the doing of We The People...

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

i stated looking at homes in Missouri about 5 minutes ago. also does that mean i can go buy a gun there without showing id? would be nice to pick up a couple auto sears :thumbup:

17. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

As soon as you get all the dems to stop taking money from the feds with strings of ownership by the feds.

18. jjackffrost

jjackffrost central oregon Active Member

I wish every time we try it gets shot down. No Dem is ever leaving Oregon not with the retirement packages we give them. bennies.jpg

bennies.jpg

19. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

It would be better if they read it instead of thumping it

Kudos to the legislature there, doing the will of We the People

20. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

An attempt by a state to "nullify" federal law and impose criminal penalties on federal officials trying to enforce federal law is just showmanship under the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution. Such laws are simply trumped by federal law.

On the other hand, state laws that prohibit state officials from enforcing federal laws are probably valid. I think Texas is taking that tack. The feds can't order the states to use state money to carry out federal law.

So, if the feds want to use their federal authority to enforce federal law in federal courts, they can do so. States can't stop them. But a state can order its law enforcement agencies and courts not to expend state money enforcing federal firearm laws.

My $.02.

deen_ad and (deleted member) like this.