JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
tumblr_llz8ta04CH1qkn7d4o1_400.gif

Missouri Legislature Nullifies All Federal Gun Control Measures by a Veto-Proof Majority ? Tenth Amendment Center Blog

Missouri making the NW states look bad.

Imagine it will be treated much like the federal government did at the beginning with medical marijuana laws. They'll bust a few people for full auto's & making their own suppressors but most of the people thankfully will not be bothered by the feds. I read Texas is looking into writing similar legislation. Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Arizona, Kentucky & a few other States will eventually pass the same type of law. Just like medical marijuana.

Well, that pretty much sums up who has the ultimate power between the states and the federal government. The states...well actually The People.

Does that also mean that The Constitution of the United States is second to each States Constitution?

If so, I bet the fed doesn't like being put in its place.

Interesting read....

Lincoln's Spectacular Lie by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

"...Thus, all three of these founding documents — the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, and the Constitution — declare the states to be free and independent. Sovereignty lies in the citizens of the free and independent states, not the people as a whole. The founders feared mass democracy and sought to strictly limit its domain. It is patently absurd to argue that the government they created was meant to be a mass democracy of "the whole people." ..."

kudos for Missouri if there weren't so many tornadoes and 20 feet of snow each year I might just contemplating retiring there... Sounds like my kind of state, but there are no salmon or steelhead there!!!!

The KC Chief's football team usually stink but they do have a huge supply of loyal fans there. :p The barbeque there is some of the best in the world. Yes, tornadoes can and do pop up anywhere at anytime and there are usually some pretty bad snow and ice storms in the winter months. Traffic stinks. Oh yeah, they grow some freakishly HUGE catfish there.

I liked living there 12+ years ago. :s0155:

i stated looking at homes in Missouri about 5 minutes ago. also does that mean i can go buy a gun there without showing id? would be nice to pick up a couple auto sears :s0155:

It would be better if they read it instead of thumping it

Kudos to the legislature there, doing the will of We the People

An attempt by a state to "nullify" federal law and impose criminal penalties on federal officials trying to enforce federal law is just showmanship under the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution. Such laws are simply trumped by federal law.

On the other hand, state laws that prohibit state officials from enforcing federal laws are probably valid. I think Texas is taking that tack. The feds can't order the states to use state money to carry out federal law.

So, if the feds want to use their federal authority to enforce federal law in federal courts, they can do so. States can't stop them. But a state can order its law enforcement agencies and courts not to expend state money enforcing federal firearm laws.

My $.02.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads