JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a some Missouri coated 9mm 147gr bullets and I can't find very much load data for them.
These are cast bullets (about 18bn) and nicely coated. I found a little data, but mostly using WST which I don't have.

Has anyone worked up a load using these bullets with 231, WSF, or AutoComp? I'm looking for a starting point for a competition load.

Just use lead 147gr bullet data. If it is used for competition that limits lower velocity, load for a velocity target then confirm acceptable accuracy.

My 147gr Bear Creek Bullet load uses AA5. I like slower powders for the bigger bullets. While it does not get a complete burn, recoil impulse feels softer and it burns really clean. I have also used CFE pistol with similar results.

I tried Autocomplete in 40 S&w heavy lead bullets and the starting load was was faster than needed.

I have a some Missouri coated 9mm 147gr bullets and I can't find very much load data for them.
These are cast bullets (about 18bn) and nicely coated. I found a little data, but mostly using WST which I don't have.

Has anyone worked up a load using these bullets with 231, WSF, or AutoComp? I'm looking for a starting point for a competition load.
I use Missouri's coated bullets and use 3.4 gr of W231 which seems to chrono out at 830 fps for me.

Around 3.5 grains of wsf got me at the low end of 130pf with 147grain

879BB1A4-50DD-4E13-BB86-2F64A21CCC05.png

Don't forget to plunk test in your ammo. I had a bit of a rude learning experience about gun barrels and different bullet profiles when I tried a different brand of coated bullets.

Absolutely agree, and I find a case gauge / checker doesn't replace a barrel for plunk test. It'll fit your case checker but not your barrel.
That's was my lesson harsh. Used a case gauge and thought everything was fine. Didn't learn about it until I was at a match. At the 'unload and show clear' command, hard a really hard time getting the live round out of the barrel of my AR-9. Rather embarrassing to have to mortar your gun to open up the action. :oops:

That's was my lesson harsh. Used a case gauge and thought everything was fine. Didn't learn about it until I was at a match. At the 'unload and show clear' command, hard a really hard time getting the live round out of the barrel of my AR-9. Rather embarrassing to have to mortar your gun to open up the action. :oops:
I had an issue with .44 magnum bullets I cast from a custom mold.
They shot great out of a Ruger Super Redhawk but when I tried to use them out of my Browning B92 they wouldn't come out of the magazine tube, too long.
I found out when I tried to work the action on the firing line.
Result was having to pull the magazine spring and dump the rounds.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top