Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mississippi case: Self-defense with gun in home

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Dave Workman, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The bad guy lost.

CCRKBA says Mississippi case underscores value of guns in the home

Yesterday’s fatal shooting of a dangerous escaped criminal suspect by a man and wife he had taken hostage in their own home in Mississippi illustrates the value of having a gun for protection, according to a the head of a national gun rights group who coincidentally co-authored a book about armed self-defense.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ccrkba-says-mississippi-case-underscores-value-of-guns-the-home

Hawaiian likes this.
  2. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Karma is a B*tch!

3. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Oh, was that her name?
    ;)

4. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

We need better and more current data on Defensive Gun Usage that doesn't result in anyone getting shot. It's at least 20X greater than all these gory stories combined.

I will not celebrate the violent death of that escapee, career criminal or not. I'm only glad that the would-be victims survived intact. That's all we can hope for in a DGU: if the attacker cannot be deterred, then I'm not the one who chose deadly force - my only choice was who was going down.

coyotecaller likes this.
  5. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

Good article. If Alan would get a baseball hat and you would sport a bow tie, you could be brothers. ;-)

6. Fordcragar

Fordcragar Renton, Washington Active Member

Very good article, thanks for sharing.