JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I was all set to go get some range time in this morning - I realized later in the evening last night that I had the whole day and car to myself so figured I may as well go after dropping the ladies off at their respective spots and then coming home to grab a pair of pistols (to keep it light and less trips on my knee), my range bag and head for them hills...

BUT

Saturday night we spent at a friends for a great dinner and watched the UFC fight, great fun but we didn't get to bed until well after 11pm.

Sunday I had to wake up earlier then usual and get over to a convention to run a video segment. Which turned into walking what was supposed to be half a mile but turned into at least a mile on my knee with a cane, with a 40 lb backpack with my computer and gear in it, to get to the lunch spot that was picked - about 3/4 of the way I seriously thought about calling my ride and canceling going to the lunch but my pride overrode that:oops:.

Then got to bed early last night - excited to get out and shoot.:)

THEN

This morning after I dropped the ladies off I got home and it took about 3 seconds to decide I was completely wiped out, so I went to bed thinking I'd get an extra hour or so (this was a little before 9am).

Woke up to the alarm I have set daily to feed the dog at 12:30pm. Rolled over to get up and apparently I fell back asleep on my stomach, on my elbows with my face in the pillow - not on the pillow, just straight crashed.

Next thing I know it's 1:30pm, the dogs whining for food and I'm still ready to go back to sleep:confused:.

Having to feed the dog got me up and by the time I fed him and me, I had burnt up most of the day. I was still tired but needed to put my leg up so I tossed in a video game and laid out on the couch. I know I would have fallen back to sleep if I was watching shows or video so the game at least kept me awake lol.o_O

So now I have a better idea what it's going to take to get back to my last baseline stamina at least (after the knee surgery) but man I would have liked to go shoot some targets today.:rolleyes:

Gonna be a hard road back but thought someone might get a laugh at this at least so that's about the only reason for posting it.:D:p

It's certainly the first time I've ever slept face first into a pillow since my younger drinking days, that's for sureo_O.

I got up at 6:15 this morning. Met a fellow member at a Home Depot for an exchange at 8:00. Drove to Wilsonville. Met a friend. Drove to Estacada and shot my new AR build, my G19 and a few other fun toys. Managed to sight in my SW15-22 (finally) and spent some trigger time on my AR pistol build as well. 2 1/2 hours of shooting and lots of walking from the bench to the 100 yard targets and back. Packed up, stopped at Carver Hangar for a burger and fries. Back to Wilsonville. Stopped in Aloha to get a start/run capacitor for my house AC. Came home, installed the capacitor. Pulled weeds, string trimmer for the grassy edges. Cleaned up my car. Shared a cold beer with my neighbor and just sat down. :)

I got up at 6:15 this morning. Met a fellow member at a Home Depot for an exchange at 8:00. Drove to Wilsonville. Met a friend. Drove to Estacada and shot my new AR build, my G19 and a few other fun toys. Managed to sight in my SW15-22 (finally) and spent some trigger time on my AR pistol build as well. 2 1/2 hours of shooting and lots of walking from the bench to the 100 yard targets and back. Packed up, stopped at Carver Hangar for a burger and fries. Back to Wilsonville. Stopped in Aloha to get a start/run capacitor for my house AC. Came home, installed the capacitor. Pulled weeds, string trimmer for the grassy edges. Cleaned up my car. Shared a cold beer with my neighbor and just sat down. :)

I'll get back to that point at some point;).

Glad someone got some shooting in today:).

Joe, we really do need to get together for some trigger time. I feel for you, honestly.

I stay active to stay young. 41 is just a number, I can still out-lift most people I know regardless of age. I dead lifted a 165 pound hitch off the warehouse floor to my shoulder last week and our 26 year old warehouse kid was trying to get 2 others to help him do it. 6'1 210 and I eat and drink what I want to without guilt.:rolleyes:

thats a damn good day.

What's better is he chose it based on my own experience and recommendation. I was blessed with 5 girls. Yes, FIVE. Its nice to share time with someone that enjoys it as much as I do and reminds me of ME!

What's better is he chose it based on my own experience and recommendation. I was blessed with 5 girls. Yes, FIVE. Its nice to share time with someone that enjoys it as much as I do and reminds me of ME!

wow, lucky you!!

i EDC a g23. same size as a 19.

yeah, im 28 but i have a few friends that are old enough to be my dad... we get along great. i think the feeling between u and your buddy is mutual... makes u old timers feel young again;););)

:D

Funny guy. SOME of us "old timers" can still get our fight, drink and f*** on with the best of them! :cool:;)o_O

And this "old timer" still knows how to punch holes in paper. Even at 50 yards (verified) off-hand with his G19. @v0lcom13sn0w you up for a challenge?

Yeah, I should have too.... but these butt crack showers are too far from Oregon to access the safe.

IMG_9850.JPG

wow, lucky you!!

i EDC a g23. same size as a 19.

yeah, im 28 but i have a few friends that are old enough to be my dad... we get along great. i think the feeling between u and your buddy is mutual... makes u old timers feel young again;););)

:D

28.... LOL!! I have poop older than you! o_O

OK... not really, but I have more time on the toilet than you've been alive. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR