Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Miss having a public range

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by sepharad, Jul 20, 2013.

1. sepharad

sepharad Portland Oregon New Member

I recently returned to Oregon, from a 2.5 year stay in Albuquerque. I loathed Albuquerque. Crime ran amok. Corruption on a scale and so deeply ingrained. But they sure had one thing right. Albuquerque shooting park. Across the Rio Grande about 15-20 miles out they had a city park dedicated to shooting sports. Big 200 yard lanes entrenched in the earth. Concrete pads with shade covers and a watch tower. They even had a cowboy shooting area. $5 for all day, supervised line personnel.

This was all done under one simple premise. Shooters are citizens. If we build a safe park to shoot in, they will shoot there and not endanger others.

Made good sense.

2. Salps

Salps Down by the river…. Well-Known Member

"Miss having a public range" Yep I know how you feel.

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

If only if only. Hell, there'd be a lot less trash left in the woods.. But then again..
    However, a relatively inexpensive PUBLIC range with ROs and even a watch tower would be fantastic.

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Hhhhmmmm I guess I have the opposite problem. The one time I moved for a short while I missed having my own private range in my backyard.........

5. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

From my observation(s)........

Our politicians rather build boat ramps and play courts.

Aloha, Mark

6. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome back. Having lived in many states, I find Oregon a tough state to shoot in unless you are a member or friend of a member of a private club. But there ARE still places to shoot.