JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the biggest reason I did not attempt to purchase last night. I am not someone that looks for this stuff. I just happen to be knowledgeable about what price on certian items are and run into stuff that isn't marked correctly. Both times mentioned above, I asked if the price was correct, and they said "No, but we mis-marked it, so we will honor it." I in no way forced them, or posted any bad reviews, nor was I trying to "stick it to the owner", (although I do not care that much about the big box stores that had those two items mis-marked).

Funny, you said the biggest reason was that your wife would not be happy, divorce, etc. Your whole post seems to totally contradict your original post.

I don't buy Yeti products ever since they went on their anti-2A kick this year.

I don't buy anything from anyone that goes on a anti 2a kick and never will again. Problem is the products I buy and places I shop are getting far and few .

A Lot of people (me included) bought these things before they went publicly Anti-2A according to the NRA. Just because someone has one, doesn't mean they support the companies current agenda.

Just like voting for a candidate that hasn't voted on any 2A issues. You just don't know their stance on things (also could be read as their "secret agenda")...

Hobby Lobby. One time they had an alcohol marker set mislabled.. well it seems their policy is to honor the marked/stickered price even if it may be wrong price... however ; it was still over wholesale /Amazon price by a few dollars :rolleyes:

I guess it depends really on the store policies, and on what items... chances are good that it was a honest mislabeled price, or it was actual that price for a reason (returned /exchanged/opened/floor display item?)

You have good luck. I once called a few stores asking for prices on a new Glock 17. One store was about $30 cheaper. So went there. While ringing me up he gives me a higher price. I questioned him. So he led me to the display case and the tag showed the lower price I was given on the phone. They did not honor it. Since I was already in the que I still bought it. My mistake for not just walking out. But the store has lost my business permanently. I went out of my way to go to that store based on what they told me over the phone. If I make a mistake like that in my business I honor it. I would rather create a loyal customer.

Well, Working at Dickheads Sporting goods, we would have all sorts of product shipped in and put out on the shelf with out changing the tags on the shelf, many times the items were not even related to the product on the tag ( this was often because of constant changes to floor stock and location)! Exasperating and it was the employee who put the stuff out responsibility to change the tags. What was worse, the customer would take the item up to the cashier to purchase and it would ring up different, SO, they would call me and ask me to go check, which I would and sure nuff, the tags didn't get changed! It was then up to a manager to ether honor the price on the tag, or tell the customer NO, this is the actual price, pay it or not! The last store manager never honored the tag price, AND would then go off on me over the radio so every one else would hear it and demand I drop the 10 things I was already doing and go change the tags! I got so frickin sick of it! Frickin Store manager always blamed me weather I had any thing to do with it or not! Hint; I never did stocking as I always worked the evening shift, and the freight was always put out in the morning! I HATE RETAIL!

I got a fishing pole one time at Walmart.
It was marked 25 bucks but all the other ones that where the same kind where marked 89 bucks .
Lol I was not even looking for a fishing pole.
But .i couldn't resist it .
So I got a 89 dollar pole for 25 bucks

I once wasn't charged for an $80.00 item from Home Depot, the bill was over $600.00 as we we're remodeling so I didn't notice it until I loaded the truck and started to inventory everything. I saw the mistake, walked back in with the tool and paid them. My 5 year old daughter was with me at the time. This was 15 years ago that this happened, yet a year ago she asked me if I remembered going back in and paying for the tool I bought at Home Depot...when she asked me that, I was surprised she remembered it. Needless to say, It was impactful to her.

Not sure if this is even close to the OP topic, just made me think about it.

I have put stuff in the bottom of the shopping cart and didn't pay for it .
But went back and paid after I got to the car .
It just depends .that can be considered stealing .if I didn't tell them I had stuff under my cart.
But miss marked stuff is on them .

It happens all the time you buy something that was on sale and they charge you full price.

I kinda add stuff up as im putting it in the cart so I have a idia of what it's going to be.
If it's off I check the receipt.
To see if they took off the on sale stuff..
But other times I don't figure it out till later and I don't go back .LOL COST ME MORE IN GAS TO GO BACK AND GET MY 50 CENTS OFF

This reminds me of a time I stopped at a little mom-and-pop convenience store out in the middle of nowhere to buy a soda. There was a little kid at the register - 5 years old maybe - who seemed really proud to be behind the counter. Mom was watching him pretty carefully. He rang up the order and made change. I couldn't help but smile at his focus on being as professional as he could. I got about half a mile down the road and noticed that I had gotten back change for a 20. I was carrying a large amount of money at the time. I know I pulled a 5 out of the wad of bills before I went in, just so that I wouldn't flash a big roll of bills in a strange place. I turned around and went back to the store. When I walked in the boy looked a little flustered. Mom was keeping a poker face. You could just tell that they had found the mistake and had a "discussion" just before I walked in. :rolleyes: He was pretty relieved to get the extra change back and Mom switched from stone face to a wry smile like "you just got away with that one kid". To this day I can still picture the looks on both of their faces. And I still get a chuckle. :)

I have a tendency to find items in stores that have mis-marked price tags. Usually a tool or something. Recently, I have scored a Milwaukee Circular Saw for 99 bucks that should have been makred $199. I scored a Yeti 160 for $549 instead of what it should have been, $679.
Well today I saw a big one. I am not going to say what or where (because I may go back for it later), but it should have been $2,400, and it was marked $1,900. I usually buy these mis-marked things right away, but I just couldn't part with $1,900 today. I am half kicking myself for not doing it. An item that NEVER goes on sale, that I know I will be buying someday, could have been today.
My main thought was, a divorce lawyer will cost me a lot more than the $500, plus the other benefits lost of my wife leaving me. Then I get home and tell her... and after she hears the part where I didn't buy it, she half sounds like she wants me to go back and buy it.... Do I risk it? (I probably won't) but I would like to think I am going to...
What do you do?

Just explain to her that it was on sale & tell her how much you saved:eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews