JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a tendency to find items in stores that have mis-marked price tags. Usually a tool or something. Recently, I have scored a Milwaukee Circular Saw for 99 bucks that should have been makred $199. I scored a Yeti 160 for $549 instead of what it should have been, $679.
Well today I saw a big one. I am not going to say what or where (because I may go back for it later), but it should have been $2,400, and it was marked $1,900. I usually buy these mis-marked things right away, but I just couldn't part with $1,900 today. I am half kicking myself for not doing it. An item that NEVER goes on sale, that I know I will be buying someday, could have been today.
My main thought was, a divorce lawyer will cost me a lot more than the $500, plus the other benefits lost of my wife leaving me. Then I get home and tell her... and after she hears the part where I didn't buy it, she half sounds like she wants me to go back and buy it.... Do I risk it? (I probably won't) but I would like to think I am going to...
What do you do?

I have a tendency to find items in stores that have mis-marked price tags. Usually a tool or something. Recently, I have scored a Milwaukee Circular Saw for 99 bucks that should have been makred $199. I scored a Yeti 160 for $549 instead of what it should have been, $679.
Well today I saw a big one. I am not going to say what or where (because I may go back for it later), but it should have been $2,400, and it was marked $1,900. I usually buy these mis-marked things right away, but I just couldn't part with $1,900 today. I am half kicking myself for not doing it. An item that NEVER goes on sale, that I know I will be buying someday, could have been today.
My main thought was, a divorce lawyer will cost me a lot more than the $500, plus the other benefits lost of my wife leaving me. Then I get home and tell her... and after she hears the part where I didn't buy it, she half sounds like she wants me to go back and buy it.... Do I risk it? (I probably won't) but I would like to think I am going to...
What do you do?
Ask her. Communication is the second most important part of any relationship. The first is honesty.

"That's the key to a relationship: honesty. Yeah -- if you can fake that, you've got it made."
-Richard Jeni

What do you do?

I've been running into these deals lately to. Some items marked 25% of what they should be. I waited a day on the last one and it was corrected when I went back.

I solved this problem by never getting married. It's amazing how many toys you'll have money for and nobody you need to ask permission from. You can buy boats, jeeps instead of minivans, and have all the taxidermy in the house that you'll ever want.
Because of this, I've been cursed with always buying things that don't scan. I'm the jackass always holding up the line because the item I'm trying to buy won't ring up.

Maybe its just me, having been a business owner and made mistakes. i was grateful when a customer caught a error that would have cost me money.

Mismarked is not discounted it means a mistake was made.
I think its bad Karma, to not correct these mistakes.
I am not perfect, but when I see something that I know was mistake, I know someone else is going to eat it
unless I say something there is a human obligation to make it right.
Cant tell you how many times I have been handed more money back then I paid, and I
correct them. Ive tried to be a better person in my life by avoiding temptations like these,
and there have been many. I like a fair, trade and sales.
I don't like reading stuff like this, especially in a open firearms forum.:oops:

Oh well, not my money or my life. Just my two cents.

Side trip into the weeds concerning mis-marked items......

Years ago when I worked at Larry's in Oregon City we received a box of Kum Duck duck calls that our shipping/receiving department marked at $7.99. The next day shipping/receiving sends us another box of the same call marked at $8.99.

A young sales clerk that worked in the department came to me and asked what the difference was between the $7.99 and $8.99 calls. I explained to him that the $7.99 calls you blow on and the $8.99 calls you suck on. Off he goes happy that he just learned something new and the rest of us got a laugh and soon forgot about it.

Fast forward a couple months........I'm standing at the counter when a customer walks up and asks the young clerk "Do you carry Kum Duck calls?" to which he replies "Yes. Do you want the ones you suck on or the ones you blow on?".

I stepped in at that point and took over. After the customer had left I then explained the joke. He didn't talk to me for a week. :D

E

E

I told my soon to be wife that I would be buying a new gun each year. Solved that problem right off the bat.

**Edit***
Not soon to be, past tense, prior to marriage.

Last Edited:
Maybe its just me, having been a business owner and made mistakes. i was grateful when a customer caught a error that would have cost me money.

I am not perfect, but when I see something that I know was mistake, I know someone else is going to eat it
Cant tell you how many times I have been handed more money back then I paid, and I
correct them. Ive tried to be a better person in my life by avoiding temptations like these,
I don't like reading stuff like this, especially in a open firearms forum.:oops:

I'm with you. I have to sleep at night. I did however walk into a Highschool pharmacy once and they had two Ambassadeur 6501 TCS reels. Both were marked $19.99. I pointed out to the clerk that I'm sure they were missmarked, but wanted to know what the correct price was. He told me it was priced by computer so there were no mistakes. I found it amusing and thought I'd teach him a lesson, and asked him to call the manager over, figuring the manager would show him where to get the correct price. Well the manager acted like a jerk accusing me of wasting everyones time, and that I could buy them, or move along. I bought them, feeling I tried to do my part. I swear those reels were jinxed. They were always having issues starting with filling them with line, a handle fell off of one. 7-8 months later, both were stolen along with the rods they were on while eating at Bouy 9 after fishing. Karma I guess.

Having worked in retail at one point in my life, people that look for stuff that's mismarked just to take advantage of a mistake are a very "special" kind of person. :rolleyes:

This is the biggest reason I did not attempt to purchase last night. I am not someone that looks for this stuff. I just happen to be knowledgeable about what price on certian items are and run into stuff that isn't marked correctly. Both times mentioned above, I asked if the price was correct, and they said "No, but we mis-marked it, so we will honor it." I in no way forced them, or posted any bad reviews, nor was I trying to "stick it to the owner", (although I do not care that much about the big box stores that had those two items mis-marked).

Having worked in retail at one point in my life, people that look for stuff that's mismarked just to take advantage of a mistake are a very "special" kind of person. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you assume that I forced a store to take it for their mistake. I didn't. They always offered it after I asked the question. In fact one, in the tool example I gave above, the employee asked a manager, and then came back and asked me how many of them I would like. As if he was willing to take it in the shorts on a dozen circular saws. I only bought 1. I love that saw and I still have it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top