JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Other than being a local startup in the last 5-years or so out of Carson, WA, that's about all I know of. I've not yet tried their ammo, since I mostly reload my own.

Ian, the owner, is a member here, @Mall Ninja , but not online a lot. He is a member of our club and sells his ammo at our gun shows as well as at a number of local retailers and online. I haven't shot it myself, but have only heard good things from the people buying it at our shows. Lots of repeat customers. I know Sporting Systems in Vancouver carries it and they had nothing but good things to say about it also.

One selling point, for me, is that they load various combinations of projectiles cheaper than the primary vendors do. The initial concern many would have was were they making them hot enough to comparably perform, and I think YM provided some insight into that question. This way you are not questioned on your use of 'hand loads' vs. 'commercial loads' in a self-defense situation, but are also not paying $1+ a round.

I have used Minuteman in my .40 and 10mm guns, and they have shot fine so far (did not chrono). I like that they load some with Gold Dots and also load various Montana Gold TMJ projectiles. I am usually on the hunt for their other loadings for 357 and 38 in snub-nosed revolvers, since they load various combinations of projectiles (GDSB and even some WC's).

If you can find it, I'd recommend giving them a try. I think I got mine from Limitless America awhile back, but they don't seem to carry it anymore.

One selling point, for me, is that they load various combinations of projectiles cheaper than the primary vendors do. The initial concern many would have was were they making them hot enough to comparably perform, and I think YM provided some insight into that question. This way you are not questioned on your use of 'hand loads' vs. 'commercial loads' in a self-defense situation, but are also not paying $1+ a round.

I have used Minuteman in my .40 and 10mm guns, and they have shot fine so far (did not chrono). I like that they load some with Gold Dots and also load various Montana Gold TMJ projectiles. I am usually on the hunt for their other loadings for 357 and 38 in snub-nosed revolvers, since they load various combinations of projectiles (GDSB and even some WC's).

If you can find it, I'd recommend giving them a try. I think I got mine from Limitless America awhile back, but they don't seem to carry it anymore.

After I watched the video and went to look for them they sell their ammo direct from their site. As long as you live in a state that still allows you to direct order ammo you can buy it direct from them. Will be trying some out.

There's a lot more to choosing SD ammo than FPS and FTLBS, such as bullet construction, is it bonded and going adequately penetrate? What about powder type, does is it have massive flash and blast? Consistency needs to be the same across lots of ammo. What street rep does it have?

I'm not say anything negative about Minuteman ammo, I know nothing about it and have never used it, I'm just saying there's more to it than numbers.

That was my concern with the methodology embued by YM in his video. Not much detail about the ammo other than fps and ft-lbs. Not a valid conclusion, in my mind. Not that the ammo will not do-its job as a 'hollowpoint" round, but as @itsonritz stated, it's more than that for a true defense round. Not totally sold yet.

All valid points. The only test (video, at least) I found was this guy's below, but not with +P it doesn't look like. Anyone know/reached out to Paul Harrell? He has a pretty consistent methodology over the years for testing this type of thing and he does not seem to just promote whatever is popular until he's run it through some paces himself...

There's a lot more to choosing SD ammo than FPS and FTLBS, such as bullet construction, is it bonded and going adequately penetrate? What about powder type, does is it have massive flash and blast? Consistency needs to be the same across lots of ammo. What street rep does it have?

I'm not say anything negative about Minuteman ammo, I know nothing about it and have never used it, I'm just saying there's more to it than numbers.
You are correct, numbers aren't everything. That's why I have tested most of the rounds through ballistics gel, with various layers of clothing, from the FBI Standard of a tshirt, sweet shirt, fleece and denim to extremes like 4 layers of denim.
you can see most the results on my Instagram.

Okay, checking out there 9mm stock and see this: 9mm +P Subsonic 147 grain Hornady XTP @ 1,020 fps. 50 rounds.

I thought that +P meant a hotter load...how can the round be +P but remain subsonic? Don't those contradict?

Okay, checking out there 9mm stock and see this: 9mm +P Subsonic 147 grain Hornady XTP @ 1,020 fps. 50 rounds.

I thought that +P meant a hotter load...how can the round be +P but remain subsonic? Don't those contradict?
+P means pressure, hotter load. It does not mean it breaks the sound barrier. Do they show what they list the speed of the 147 gr in this load when they are not +P? The speed they are listing is well bellow what it needs to be to not give that sonic crack.
To help a little Hornady lists this bullet when they make the ammo at 975FPS in a load not rated +P.

Last Edited:
You are correct, numbers aren't everything. That's why I have tested most of the rounds through ballistics gel, with various layers of clothing, from the FBI Standard of a tshirt, sweet shirt, fleece and denim to extremes like 4 layers of denim.
you can see most the results on my Instagram.

Are you affiliated with Minuteman ammunition or just speaking in general terms?

Are you affiliated with Minuteman ammunition or just speaking in general terms?
Yes, I work at minute man. I started off testing their Ammo on my own though. I simply wanted to see how they stacked up to the big guys. Give them the ol' "Pepsi challenge" if you will. After consistent Positive results I decided I'd reach out and try to join their team. I like what they're doing so much I wanted to be a part of it.
So yea, I work there but my results arent skewed or altered in any way. They simply speak for themselves. High Power Match Grade Self Defense Ammo at a price that just barely above plinking Ammo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top