JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
38 Special
City
CLACKAMAS
State
Oregon
Zip Code
For sale are two very nice J frames revolvers.

The first one is a first gen 442 in .38spl with factory nickel plating.
This IS your daddy's 442, and they were made better back then!
nickel plated 442s were made for a new years, i believe between 1993 and 1997. S&W moved to the j-Magnum frame in 1996 and stopped offering nickel plating on this model in 1997.
While I would not call this revolver particularly rare, they are very hard to find in mint condition. I occasionally see one popping up for sale, and they are always worn out by years of carrying. (there is one listed on gunbroker for 580 that looks like it was recovered from a ship wreck :)
No MIM parts and of course no Lock. Also comes with factory Uncle Mike's grips, which are awesome and hard to find.
the extractor star is the only part of this cool revolver that was left uncoated.
I purchased this revolver used, with no box. After inspection and cleaning, it sat in my safe as a collector's piece.
I am asking 500 for this revolver. I am aware that you can get a new 442/642 for less, but I am firm on the price. You will not find another one this nice.

I am also selling a modern no lock 642. Nothing special about it. This 642 is in my carry rotation, and I shot less than 100 rounds through it.
it is in great shape, and there are no issues with it.
I'd like 380 for it.

Thank you very much.

Pics include both revolvers to show the finish difference between a nickel 442 and a plain 642. 442 is on top.

Thanks for looking. I am flexible on which FFL to use for transfer. Transfer fees are on the buyer.

Cash only. Local only. Due to the number of attempted scams lately, I will only deal with estabilished members with good feedbacks.

44203.JPG 44204.JPG IMG_9159.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Both look nice. Interested In 642. I am located in E Vancouver. Would you be willing to meet me up here at an FFL?
Hello there! I am willing to drive up to vancouver for the right deal. Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, I could only do so on Saturday and Sunday. possibly next monday as well.
Please send me a private message and let's figure out the next steps.

For sale are two very nice J frames revolvers.

The first one is a first gen 442 in .38spl with factory nickel plating.
This IS your daddy's 442, and they were made better back then!
nickel plated 442s were made for a new years, i believe between 1993 and 1997. S&W moved to the j-Magnum frame in 1996 and stopped offering nickel plating on this model in 1997.
While I would not call this revolver particularly rare, they are very hard to find in mint condition. I occasionally see one popping up for sale, and they are always worn out by years of carrying. (there is one listed on gunbroker for 580 that looks like it was recovered from a ship wreck :)
No MIM parts and of course no Lock. Also comes with factory Uncle Mike's grips, which are awesome and hard to find.
the extractor star is the only part of this cool revolver that was left uncoated.
I purchased this revolver used, with no box. After inspection and cleaning, it sat in my safe as a collector's piece.
I am asking 500 for this revolver. I am aware that you can get a new 442/642 for less, but I am firm on the price. You will not find another one this nice.

I am also selling a modern no lock 642. Nothing special about it. This 642 is in my carry rotation, and I shot less than 100 rounds through it.
it is in great shape, and there are no issues with it.
I'd like 380 for it.

Thank you very much.

Pics include both revolvers to show the finish difference between a nickel 442 and a plain 642. 442 is on top.

Thanks for looking. I am flexible on which FFL to use for transfer. Transfer fees are on the buyer.

Cash only. Local only. Due to the number of attempted scams lately, I will only deal with estabilished members with good feedbacks.

View attachment 1109844View attachment 1109845View attachment 1109846
PM sent.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.