JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I'm pretty glad to have gotten this. Everything on the exterior looks better than any one i've seen. My one question/concern is the surface and rifling in the barrel. It seems rather crude and rough. It looked really bad at first, but after cleaning out packing grease from the barrel it looked at lot better :D. Is this just how all of them are, or will this become polished after firing some rounds, or is this something i can trade in for a different one?

I'm pretty glad to have gotten this. Everything on the exterior looks better than any one i've seen. My one question/concern is the surface and rifling in the barrel. It seems rather crude and rough. It looked really bad at first, but after cleaning out packing grease from the barrel it looked at lot better . Is this just how all of them are, or will this become polished after firing some rounds, or is this something i can trade in for a different one?

I found the same thing after cleaning mine up. Will run some steel wool plugs or something. I suspect they fired the rifle after re-build, then just crammed a bunch of cosmoline down the bore rather than clean it. Lands look fine, grooves are 'rough'.

Some of the refurb Mosins will have darkness in the grooves of the barrels. That, in and of itself, doesn't tend to affect the performance of these guns. What is more important is the condition of the rifling: is it strong and square, or is it weak and rounded? That, and the condition of the bore crown or the counter bore crown is much more important than darkness in the grooves.

yeah the rifling looks at about 60/70 percent there. The numbers match mine up to a 1943 Tula made Russian Nagant with no metal in back sling slit (signifying budget cuts during the WWII). square stamp with diagonal through it, means it was refurbished in Yugoslavia I believe. Russian Letters "CN" stamped above star and arrow show that mine was an ex sniper? does anyone know more about identifying the ex dragoons/ ex snipers. theres 3 holes in the receiver (scope mount) that have been plugged off with metal

yeah the rifling looks at about 60/70 percent there. The numbers match mine up to a 1943 Tula made Russian Nagant with no metal in back sling slit (signifying budget cuts during the WWII). square stamp with diagonal through it, means it was refurbished in Yugoslavia I believe. Russian Letters "CN" stamped above star and arrow show that mine was an ex sniper? does anyone know more about identifying the ex dragoons/ ex snipers. theres 3 holes in the receiver (scope mount) that have been plugged off with metal

WOW.........can you take pics?

ETA: I would like to see if this is an ex-sniper, given the drill holes. That would be awesome!!!

no camera utill my friend comes over. by 60/70 percent i mean rounding on edges of the grooves. They are still thick, just worn a little. I'm happy with the sale and I'm actually pondering getting a second one just for shooting.

sounds like you have an ex-sniper. High wall round receiver? Its the right year to be one. "C" prefix usually indicates a sniper. At one time anyway it was more accurate than the average 91/30.

I found the same thing after cleaning mine up. Will run some steel wool plugs or something. I suspect they fired the rifle after re-build, then just crammed a bunch of cosmoline down the bore rather than clean it. Lands look fine, grooves are 'rough'.

they used exclusively corrosive primers. I would expect some wear/corrosion in the bore if it was a service rifle. I doubt Russians fighting for their lives prioritized cleaning their bores with hot water and windex after shooting corrosive ammo. ;)

I love the mosin I got from Andrew! I took it out sunday and put 10rds of Winchester 180gr soft tip ammo threw it. Using iron sights, Shot 2-3 inch groups at 75yrds up at larch! What a gun!!!!! thanks for the quick sale, awsome rifle and peice of history. I'm 135lbs wet my shoulder still hurts! Lol

Buy with confidence from Andrew, done several deals with him and he always comes through as promised DSC_0713.jpg DSC_0712.jpg DSC_0714.jpg
Pics from the Mosin I got from Coctailer, the bolt and trigger guard assembly were getting the cosmoline cleaned off.
Here is a pic of the markings as well
DSC_0699.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.