JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep if you want to walk around armed, great. You can't then back someone into a corner then cry when they do something like this. If he has not acted like a child, just stood there and let the words exchange, fine. Then if guy throws coffee on you punch him maybe. That the guy acts like that makes me wonder if he should even own a gun at all. He seems to have no self control. One of these days he will back someone into a corner who is armed. Then it turns into a gun fight for what reason?

Yep if you want to walk around armed, great. You can't then back someone into a corner then cry when they do something like this. If he has not acted like a child, just stood there and let the words exchange, fine. Then if guy throws coffee on you punch him maybe. That the guy acts like that makes me wonder if he should even own a gun at all. He seems to have no self control. One of these days he will back someone into a corner who is armed. Then it turns into a gun fight for what reason?

That's my problem with it... If you're an aggressor, and owb carrying... Now you've backed a guy into a corner, what if he had a gun! Have fun with that legal journey, either way you feel about right or wrong.

Even if you walk away, I can see 1000 ways it could go wrong.

That's my problem with it... If you're an aggressor, and owb carrying... Now you've backed a guy into a corner, what if he had a gun! Have fun with that legal journey, either way you feel about right or wrong.

Even if you walk away, I can see 1000 ways it could go wrong.
The old line, an armed society is a polite society . When all are armed you either learn to be polite or people get shot :D
People start this trying to bully people, especially when you are openly armed, and sooner or later the one being pushed is going to go for a gun. Then even if the one doing the pushing wins the gun fight good luck in court when it's all on video. If the jury decides you started the fight there goes the self defense argument out the window. Seems an amazing number of people do not stop to think that they can ruin their entire life in seconds with some stupidity like this. Over what? :confused:

I do not typically comment on situations such as this but my opinion is PANTS guy was CLEARLY in the wrong.

He lost his composure, broke rank and ADVANCED on shorts guy as the AGGRESSOR. How can this be rationalized or justified? What was his goal? To force SHORTS guy to curl up into a ball and pizz his pants so he could say, 'See - I am right'?

While he was OCing I do not see that as particularly relevant however it does suggest he may have insecurity issues and his gun may have given him a 'false sense of security' and subconsciously supported his aggressiveness.

His actions were clearly antagonistic and he is lucky all he got was coffee in the face.

Lets face it - those of us who are anti-mask do not seem to have the 'numbers' on our side. We aren't exactly on the 'high road' and I have always been told - when walking on eggshells, don't jump - and PANTS guy clearly jumped.

Personally I have an entirely different opinion as to the reason(s) for mask wear and the mandates but that is a different discussion.

Bottom line ? PANTS guy - 0, SHORTS guy -1/2.

Last Edited:
I usually don't comment on these types of threads, but I will today (Lord help me :confused:).

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination." Herbert Spencer

Regarding the Moscow protest incident:

I won't assume that because one guy was carrying a firearm (and thus, "someone like me", i.e., a gun owner and probably a 2A advocate) that he was right and the other guy wrong (i.e., stupid). The evidence supports the opposite - as many have commented. It is not a smart firearm owner who open-carry's to a "protest" and then advances and threatens someone he disagrees with, backing them into a place of no escape, and then, after a relatively predictable defensive response where coffee is thrown in their face, initiates a physical assault.

Regarding COVID 19:

There is no body of credible, scientific evidence available that refutes the body of scientific evidence from the CDC, WHO and other medical and scientific entities who specialize in dealing with health and disease, regarding COVID. For those people who have friends or loved ones (some of whom refused to wear masks) who have contracted COVID (and some who have died), the virus threat is very real. For others who have not been impacted, it's just a government scam.

Regarding Freedom to Choose and Believe:

We are all free to conduct as much - or as little - "examination" of an issue as we wish. And, thus, we are all free to live and act in whatever degree of ignorance or enlightenment we choose.

FWIW, YMMV, JMO. ( For What It's Worth. Your Mileage May Vary. Just My Opinion.)

Last Edited:
100% agree. They guy with the gun was backing him right into a corner and the guy in shorts defended himself to get out of that corner. Guy with the gun looks as if he was in the wrong here.

100% agree. They guy with the gun was backing him right into a corner and the guy in shorts defended himself to get out of that corner. Guy with the gun looks as if he was in the wrong here.

I would go a step further in my evaluation of what is seen in the video... If i were unarmed and I was physically threatened by a person openly carrying a firearm, I would not describe that as a "Minor Scuffle".
There is clear evidence of assault by pants guy. If I were shorts guy, I would have an attorney file civil charges ($) against pants guy and have my attorney contacting the police demanding assault charges be filed.
If pants guy does not face some sort of penalties for his actions, my faith in law enforcement is misplaced.

This brings up a pet peeve:

Two guys say rude and crappy things to each other til one of them gets triggered and administers "The right hand of God".

Two gals say rude and crappy things to each other til one of them gets triggered and the slapping, wrestling, and hair pulling starts.

But one gal says rude and crappy things to a guy, when the same would have triggered a beatdown between two guys, and gal walks away strutting and guy feels like he could dangle his feet off the edge of a dime and stews about it the rest of the day/night. That's how it works most of the time anyway. Unless you're a pimp.

Oy Vey!

Not here to argue if reaction was warranted or smart but this is the reality of what will happen. Antagonize one side enuff and bad things are going to happen. Sometimes words and actions have consequences.

The authorities arrived, both sides were heard, the video was referenced with the statements of the two involved, and those that witnessed the altercation.... Nobody was taken to jail, no guns tools were confiscated, and everybody went their separate ways. THE END

BUT WAIT!:s0087:

Just the video finds it's way to the internet with spotty information on the events leading up the exchange, Zero insight into either of the two men's state of mind, and Zero audio of what was being said... A tool is present but is not used, and BUBBLE-GUM it could have drastically changed the narrative, and made for a much bigger story! It's mere existence a glowing beacon of what could happen...and the viewer is captivated..:s0149: Their own past experience, biases, and imagination all they have to fill in those blanks, and judgments are made on pure assumption...
Lines are drawn in the sand...
on one side... Team Shorts
and the other... Team Pants
:s0045:
Sound familiar?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR