JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This brings back memories of Bernard Goetz in NY - but this is much worse and I recall opinions being the same about both men due to vaguely similar circumstances.

There was a whole lot more gray in the case of Goetz, on the basis of what I read and saw.

There seems to be very little gray here.

Do I understand the sequence of events correctly in that teen #1 goes starts to go down stairs and gets shot and teen #2 does the same very shortly thereafter? If I am correct then what kind of drugs was teen #2 on?????

I am unsure of the timing between when he shot the boy and when he shot the girl. from reading the report, it looks like there was quite a bit of time between the two shootings so perhaps the guy went in first and the girl waited. when he didnt return she went to look for him. Really though the whole thing sounds pretty FUBAR to me.

W.T.F. I may not want to live on this planet anymore, but I want that sick bubblegum to live on my planet infinitely less. If it turns out he did what he said he did, I hope the jury shares my sentiment.

Well, my pal the attorney, quoted in my column (above) tells me that in Minnesota, only a grand jury can hand down an indictment for Murder 1. That's why he's charged right now with Murder 2...just to keep him on ice.

From what has been described, it is possible the authorities believe he was in waiting down in the basement for "somebody" to break in so he could off them. He had been burglarized before, allegedly to the tune of about $10K. I do not know the particulars on that just yet.

But pressing a muzzle under somebody's chin and capping one off "as a good finishing shot" can hardly be described as a spontaneous or unintentional act.

He'd have to have OJ's dream team to get him out of this one, methinks.

I think it'd be a stretch for a DA to convince anyone he was lying in wait for someone to break in just based on what's been presented, so I doubt that Murder 1 rap'll be coming down (even if the authorities suspect it, that'd be difficult on the best of days to sell.) Good to know that has to be Grand Jury - didn't know that little factoid before.

I don't think MN is a death-penalty state so the difference between 1 and 2 is kinda moot at his age anyway. He'll be carried out of a cell, regardless.

Am I the only man that thought of Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino when I read this?

gran-torino-trailer-gun-img.jpg

gran-torino-trailer-gun-img.jpg

I think it'd be a stretch for a DA to convince anyone he was lying in wait for someone to break in just based on what's been presented, so I doubt that Murder 1 rap'll be coming down (even if the authorities suspect it, that'd be difficult on the best of days to sell.) Good to know that has to be Grand Jury - didn't know that little factoid before.

I don't think MN is a death-penalty state so the difference between 1 and 2 is kinda moot at his age anyway. He'll be carried out of a cell, regardless.

I doubt that will be a stretch at all.

But we'll see.

Minnesota case ignites Northwest debate on home, self-defense

Pacific Northwest gun owners and activists are engaged in a very active discussion about home protection and self-defense in the wake of a double-slaying in Minnesota that was reported yesterday, with sentiments clearly against the dead teen burglars.

<broken link removed>

Huh. I normally don't follow the SeattleGuns threads because they're generally less reasonable than the people here (you have no idea how hard it was to type that.) But there's some comments that border on psychopathic there. At least - generally - while people don't have a lot of sympathy for law-breakers there's an acknowledgment here that the homeowner's actions were excessive and criminal.

,,, just happened to have a tarp,,,

So what? I keep a small tarp behind the seat of my truck, have a couple of large ones in my work shop, one more is hanging on the front of our hay barn and yet another over a wood pile.

If you think owning a tarp is evidence of planning a crime, maybe tarps should be registered!

I doubt that will be a stretch at all.

But we'll see.

Minnesota case ignites Northwest debate on home, self-defense

Pacific Northwest gun owners and activists are engaged in a very active discussion about home protection and self-defense in the wake of a double-slaying in Minnesota that was reported yesterday, with sentiments clearly against the dead teen burglars.

<broken link removed>

Murder 1 is premeditaded. Means that you have planned it and then did it. It does not mean that you went overboard when someone broke into your home. If you have a friend who is a lawyer and is having a difficulty with this concept then he needs to consider a different line of work..... or maybe he's a real estate lawyer, and even then I sure would not hire him.

As far as having tarps in his basement - so what. I have at least 2 in mine. I also have a bunch of rope there as well. It's where I store a lot of crap.

Right, Wrong or otherwise, his is the only story left...

If the story is accurate:
1) Kids shouldn't have broken in. (duh)
2) Shooter far exceeded any threshold of castle doctrine in my opinion, although i'm not a legal professional.
3) Based on the comments that were quoted, the shooter is misanthropic at best and psychopathic at worst (opinion, not a medical professional either).

From an evidence point of view, i'd be interested to know when the coroner puts their time of death & at what range the kids were shot. It's possible that that information would imply a different story.

I am leaning more towards the ambush story above.
Hypothetical: Boy enters house, gets shot. Doesn't come back out. Time passes Girl enters house, gets shot not having heard first shots.

One thing is for certain....based upon the comments presented you have to remember rule #1 after a shooting.

SHUT YOUR GODD@MN MOUTH!

I just keep envisioning this interview with the police:

Detective: Punk kids these days, need to be taught a lesson
Shooter: D@MN RIGHT!
Detective: Between you and me, you did the justice system a benefit by cleaning up those two scumbags that broke into your home. Good shooting if I do say so, myself.
Shooter: Thank you, sir. I would have killed um the first shot but my gun jammed.
Detective: It jammed?
Shooter: Yeah, I had to run up and put one under his chin to shut him up. Bastard was laughing at me.
Detective: And the girl?
Shooter: She went down after the first shot, I didn't miss my mark that time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top