JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well in this case it was poor training. If you watch the body cam the officer yells taser and then deploys her side arm. In effect killing him with one shot. It's the cops fault and the departments fault for piss poor training. But what do you expect when you defund the police. Your going to get poorly trained, subpar officers. And when the leadership is more worried about reelection and their salaries rather than their officers this is the result. The suspect should have complied but deadly force (even accidental) was a bit overboard. Never the less, cities will burn.
How the bubblegum does a 26 yr veteran NOT KNOW what side her tazer is on? I mean, c'mon...everyone knows you carry your sidearm on the side of your dominate hand.

How the bubblegum does a 26 yr veteran NOT KNOW what side her tazer is on? I mean, c'mon...everyone knows you carry your sidearm on the side of your dominate hand.
That's what I said.... she was undertrained and probably sat behind a desk for the majority of her career. Just cause you get issued the gear doesn't mean you are proficient with it. You have to train. Otherwise you end up pulling a Glock instead of a taser..... years on a job does not equate to experience. Stress will make people do funny things when they haven't been immersed in it before.

There are documented cases of people policing their brass after a shootout because that's what they always do in practice. A much more mundane example but there it is.
Yup. Or pulling their pistol. Firing 2 rounds and reholstering in the middle of a gun fight cause that is the only way they have trained.

I get Mas's points. He certainly knows more in this realm than I do. Perhaps it's a bit of Monday morning quarterbacking on his part re Chauvin's not taking the stand. I personally would have testified. Still it is always a hard call. Officer Chauvin seems to come across as cold and unfeeling in the first place, and testifying in a mask wouldn't help him.

With the guilty on all charges, coming that fast with zero questions to the Judge indicates to me that the jury didn't deliver the consideration that true Justice requires, and just maybe his testimony might have made a difference. I surely can't say.

Myself, I actually expected a guilty verdict based on the evidence that I was aware of, but as I said, I was really surprised by the speed, and that it was on all counts. It certainly doesn't bode well for the other officers involved or the citizens of Minneapolis or LEOs going forward.

I am sure I don't have to remind them, or most here, that if you put an individual into cuffs you become responsible for their life. It is doubtful Derek Chauvin's testimony would have been able to overcome the video of him with his knee on a handcuffed Mr. Floyd's neck for the last nine minutes of his live while his pleas went seemingly unheeded. But not even personally giving an explanation of the events was probably unwise.

I get Mas's points. He certainly knows more in this realm than I do. Perhaps it's a bit of Monday morning quarterbacking on his part re Chauvin's not taking the stand. I personally would have testified. Still it is always a hard call. Officer Chauvin seems to come across as cold and unfeeling in the first place, and testifying in a mask wouldn't help him.
Having taken classes from him and following his work for decades, he is consistent in this area. I agree in this case it would have been a major risk with a massive amount of chum in the water for the prosecution. He discusses this in length for self defense cases primarily but the point being is that only someone in this position can articulate the true depth of the reasons for their actions. Agree with your points in the post, good thoughts.

In the OP case, look for a very sincere plea bargain attempt that may or may not happen in this climate.

With the guilty on all charges, coming that fast with zero questions to the Judge indicates to me that the jury didn't deliver the consideration that true Justice requires, and just maybe his testimony might have made a difference. I surely can't say.

Myself, I actually expected a guilty verdict based on the evidence that I was aware of, but as I said, I was really surprised by the speed, and that it was on all counts. It certainly doesn't bode well for the other officers involved or the citizens of Minneapolis or LEOs going forward.

I am sure I don't have to remind them, or most here, that if you put an individual into cuffs you become responsible for their life. It is doubtful Derek Chauvin's testimony would have been able to overcome the video of him with his knee on a handcuffed Mr. Floyd's neck for the last nine minutes of his live while his pleas went seemingly unheeded. But not even personally giving an explanation of the events was probably unwise.
Nothing is certain these days, but..
Looks like the stage has been set to overturn this (IMO) excessive verdict.

In simple terms, from a simple mind;
Appealing a murder conviction is probably more likely to succeed than if Chv. had been charged and convicted of manslaughter.

It is doubtful Derek Chauvin's testimony would have been able to overcome the video of him with his knee on a handcuffed Mr. Floyd's neck for the last nine minutes of his live while his pleas went seemingly unheeded
Except even the prosecution was forced to admit this didn't happen. For the vast majority of the time, the evidence shows his knee was actually on Floyd's shoulder, not his neck. Also, there was no trauma to the decedent's windpipe or arteries in the neck. He did have enough fentanyl in him to kill a horse though.

Was in the car with his dealer.

Had a history of eating the evidence.

Found partly eaten pills with his DNA on them in the squad car.

This doesn't seem like rocket surgery to me.

Except even the prosecution was forced to admit this didn't happen. For the vast majority of the time, the evidence shows his knee was actually on Floyd's shoulder, not his neck. Also, there was no trauma to the decedent's windpipe or arteries in the neck. He did have enough fentanyl in him to kill a horse though.

Was in the car with his dealer.

Had a history of eating the evidence.

Found partly eaten pills with his DNA on them in the squad car.

This doesn't seem like rocket surgery to me.
I hear you and all true. I have always believed it was a case of over charging for politics sake. Nobody has explained to me how a person can be guilty of all three charges. It seems you would have to pick one.

The video was hard to overcome. The 'Experts' saying the knee restraint was contributory didn't help. Granted it was not on the neck most of the time. No damage was found but that wasn't the issue. It was the restricted ability to breath from the cuffs, the restraint, and the massive amount of ingested drugs.

I personally think Mr. Floyd's death was from drug overdose, not murder. For me the hand cuffs were the key. Once in cuffs Floyd's life became Officer Chauvin's responsibility. Murder it was not. I hope that conviction will be overturned eventually.

We had a incident with a contractor that OD'd on the same crap. Wrecked a truck and the responding Officer saved his life with Narcan. Started out he was talking nonsense, and then became barely responsive. He did manage to ask for help just before fading out all the way. That Officer thought fast and worked fast. He saved a life.

He still talks fast, but he nailed it I would say.

I would add that all of this is intentionally being done for a very evil purpose. But that would be a another thread.

Last Edited:
That's what I said.... she was undertrained and probably sat behind a desk for the majority of her career. Just cause you get issued the gear doesn't mean you are proficient with it. You have to train. Otherwise you end up pulling a Glock instead of a taser..... years on a job does not equate to experience. Stress will make people do funny things when they haven't been immersed in it before.
She was actually a trainer and worked her way up the ladder quite a bit. There was another shooting that she was called onto the scene for and told the two cops there to turn off their cameras and go. There may have been stress involved but after 26 years on the force, I can't believe she'd draw with her non-dominate hand and call it a mistake.

She was actually a trainer and worked her way up the ladder quite a bit. There was another shooting that she was called onto the scene for and told the two cops there to turn off their cameras and go. There may have been stress involved but after 26 years on the force, I can't believe she'd draw with her non-dominate hand and call it a mistake.
My understanding is the Taser should be covered by an officer with a firearm. Watching the body cam the first impression I had was that she had him covered, and was calling for a Taser. Then the gun went off. Actually the first official statement I saw was a police official saying it appeared to be a accidental discharge.

Don't believe what you want. If your implying you think she shot him intentionally I would disagree. Most cops still draw and fire their taser with their dominant hand. It's just on their non dominant side forcing them to reach across their body to deploy the taser (cross draw). That's how I carried my taser. This way they do not get mixed up. Like I said years on the job don't mean anything to me. And the fact that she made such a life altering, negligent mistake, while being entrusted to train new recruits is terrifying.

My understanding is the Taser should be covered by an officer with a firearm. Watching the body cam the first impression I had was that she had him covered, and was calling for a Taser. Then the gun went off. Actually the first official statement I saw was a police official saying it appeared to be a accidental discharge.
Normally the officer deploying the taser will call out "Taser, Taser, Taser!" before pulling the trigger (warning other officers of deployment. The same goes with OC spray). The fact that she called out taser and then pulled the trigger, immediately saying "Oh s—t I just shot him" would imply that she meant to tase him. Not that she was covering the individual with the taser.

This is also my take with exception that the discharge may have been intentional. Upon realizing that her instruction to the junior officer had not been acted on thereby allowing the situation to elevate to the point that she responded with lethal force. The "oh sh.. I just shoot him" could simply be in response to the realization that her day / life had just taken a severe turn.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top