JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you can't see them, they are illegal. I'm sure if you look up the code, it probably says something like "clearly visible".
I'm sure that's true. If the officer doesn't notice, that doesn't make them invisible. In the video he says (at one point) "Oh, I didn't see those in the window". Whether they were legally posted is something the court will determine pretty soon.

How does the officer know the difference between someone driving to a well lit area and someone in a stolen car stashing drugs and digging for a gun?

You speak of bias, yet use inaccurate words like "murder" and "execution" in the other case.
They don't. That doesn't mean they should draw their weapons anytime they pull someone over. Where is the line?

I might be using words incorrectly, I don't see how that is bias, I would say it is more my non understanding of our absolutely Fd legal system.

I'll use this thread again as reference.

In it everyone here clearly sees the guy with the gun illegally pointing a gun at people.

Yet in this thread, whenever a cop points a gun at someone is discussed, it's justified? Enforcement?

Why isn't it assault with a deadly weapon?

They don't. That doesn't mean they should draw their weapons anytime they pull someone over. Where is the line?

I might be using words incorrectly, I don't see how that is bias, I would say it is more my non understanding of our absolutely Fd legal system.

I'll use this thread again as reference.

In it everyone here clearly sees the guy with the gun illegally pointing a gun at people.

Yet in this thread, whenever a cop points a gun at someone is discussed, it's justified? Enforcement?

Why isn't it assault with a deadly weapon?

I'm guessing it's phrases and words like "probable cause" and "reasonable". Often times it's a judgement call.

If 7 out of 10 people that don't immediately pull over are doing so out of Ill intent, is it reasonable to treat all 10 the same until you know otherwise? If not, what's the number, 8/10, 9/10, 99/100 ?

I'm guessing it's phrases and words like "probable cause" and "reasonable".

If 7 out of 10 people that don't immediately pull over are doing so out of Ill intent, is it reasonable to treat all 10 the same until you know otherwise? If not, what's the number, 8/10, 9/10, 99/100 ?
Yes it is.

Earlier back @WillametteWill mentioned fishing was common because it was a way officers might find criminals. Now you are stating drawing weapons is ok because they might be grabbing a gun. A lot of ifs and mights if you ask me?

My question is, do we go along with this policing? One where everyone is treated as a criminal until proven innocent? Don't obey and you might end up dead?

Is it unjust for the guy in that last video I posted to be a least bit terrified for his life and hesitant?

Are we okay with eliminating the 4th amendment because criminals might be in those cars doing criminal things?

Is it a bad thing to expect officers to treat me normal first, then if I pose a threat act accordingly? Instead of act like I'm a threat first than later flip a switch and act as if they didn't just assault me using a deadly weapon and mace me?

Not choosing a side in any of this per say. Just asking questions is all.

Yes it is.

Earlier back @WillametteWill mentioned fishing was common because it was a way officers might find criminals. Now you are stating drawing weapons is ok because they might be grabbing a gun. A lot of ifs and mights if you ask me?

I'm ok with officers pulling a gun if they reasonably believe a felony is being committed. That's why it's a good idea to try and communicate with a dispatcher your intentions if you keep driving after being pulled over.

If they do believe that you committed a felony, generally compliance is the best way to deal, and it's usually cleared up real quick.

I'm ok with officers pulling a gun if they reasonably believe a felony is being committed. .
Damn!

Even if no threat to the officer is made?

The kid this whole thread is about, I can understand drawing weapons to an extent, if he was trying to hit a cop with his vehicle type thing. If it's just for not complying, taser or mace makes much more sense.

I'm ok with officers pulling a gun if they reasonably believe a felony is being committed.
And so am I - IF they 'reasonably believe' as you stated - HOWEVER..

Whatever became of intuition, evaluation, summation - or just plain 'Spidey Sense' ?

Ok - seriously speaking - if we take these elements out of the equation for LEOs then what is left ? Nothing but automated, 'Robocop' type reaction for all traffic stops?

How is it states/cities/counties are making hiring decisions? What is their criteria?

It's obviously not an above average military record as an MP, exemplary test/physical abilities or spotless report writing skills - I don't mean to 'brag' but during the time I was 'actively' seeking an LE position I once came in 3rd out of 75 'recruits' at a three day 'recruitment fair' in Lane County. No dice.

I also once made it to a final 'review' for Deschutes County Sheriff's Dept. I show up clean cut, coat and tie, believed I responded intellectually, well spoken and with no adverse reactions to the questions I answered - and crickets.

Damn!

Even if no threat to the officer is made?

The kid this whole thread is about, I can understand drawing weapons to an extent, if he was trying to hit a cop with his vehicle type thing. If it's just for not complying, taser or mace makes much more sense.
You ever see a securities fraud ,or embezzlement arrest go bad like this?

Because those are both felonies.

I remember a chappelle show skit about the disparity of police behavior for white collar crimes .

Not sure why all the discussion about this. If a bus driver hit the gas instead of the brakes and resulted in an accident that killed your kids, it's the same thing. Whether or not a couple were fighting in the aisle wouldn't matter.

Yeah, it's a tragedy regardless, but one that could've been avoided if the person that was supposed to be in charge of the situation didn't make the fatal error.

On a lighter note, maybe someone can buy her a t-shirt that says "don't run, you will only die tired".

makes me wonder if those 25 years she was an officer were not spent behind a desk.. and due to the whole defund thing, they had to move her tot he street
Her career is all over the news. She has decades of experience and was on the street before moving up the ranks. The day this happened she was a "training officer" for a new recruit.

Apparently her training was really shoddy, not just because she pulled her Glock instead of her taser, but also because she flagged her trainee several times before firing. Really poor discipline.

Some mistakes can't be justified. And even mistakes need to held accountable. If that was your kid who was "accidentally" shot instead of being tased I think you may be singing a different tune. It's a bad shoot and the cops fault. She pulled the trigger. She is responsible for the the bullet.
If it was my kid he would have listened to the cop

If it was my kid he would have listened to the cop
If your kid made a wrong move, is extrajudicial execution justified?

Lots of people here slam the police for killing Finicum when the Bundy's were on the run from Malheur, but come to the defense of the police here.

In other news, the officer's career is over, and she had to move her family out of their house for their own safety. My guess is for good.

kim-potter-mug.jpg

Lots of people here slam the police for killing Finicum when the Bundy's were on the run from Malheur, but come to the defense of the police here.

In other news, the officer's career is over, and she had to move her family out of their house for their own safety. My guess is for good.

View attachment 862384
If he would have done what the cop said and nothing more he wouldn't have been shot. He done something stupid and paid for it. Sad outcome for both.

It might happen, and I would blame my kid for doing stupid things. But I plan to raise him much better. If he's got outstanding felony warrants I will have already failed.

How many years did his shooter get? I forget.

You ever see a securities fraud ,or embezzlement arrest go bad like this?

Because those are both felonies.

I remember a chappelle show skit about the disparity of police behavior for white collar crimes .

Compare the behavior of the white collar perp to the non-white collar perp.

How many times does the WCP draw a gun and shoot the cop?

In my opinion behavior determines behavior.

Compare the behavior of the white collar perp to the non-white collar perp.

How many times does the WCP draw a gun and shoot the cop?

In my opinion behavior determines behavior.
Me , personally, I would like to say it's a really good idea to stay calm in any crisis situation.

Especially if you're being paid to participate.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top