JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some mistakes can't be justified. And even mistakes need to held accountable. If that was your kid who was "accidentally" shot instead of being tased I think you may be singing a different toon. It's a bad shoot and the cops fault. She pulled the trigger. She is responsible for the the bullet.
I will go over it with my kids, if you get pulled over by the cops, don't resist and don't try to flee. You'll likely end up in jail or dead. That seems to be a common theme around here today:)

Sadly, some of the worst trigger and muzzle discipline I've seen on the range has been from ex-military people. And I just cringe every time I watch a LEO wave a weapon all over the place while they struggle to clear it. I have great respect for anyone who choses either career, but OMG is there a need for better training.
Defunding efforts won't help with needed training.

People cope in different ways, you do you, I will worry about myself.
I work around tragedy, including death, daily. Many of those I work with have a VERY warped sense of humor at the job because of it. Of course we are careful not to let the wrong public see it. Often we will be laughing about some off joke in the office and others will stop to ask what we are laughing at. I will say "you don't want to know, we are going to hell" :s0140:

I work around tragedy, including death, daily. Many of those I work with have a VERY warped sense of humor at the job because of it. Of course we are careful not to let the wrong public see it. Often we will be laughing about some off joke in the office and others will stop to ask what we are laughing at. I will say "you don't want to know, we are going to hell" :s0140:
I am no John Coffey. If I was to let even the tiniest fraction of the deaths in this country get to me, I would be a wreck. Humor suits me best, sorry if others like to deal with it in other ways, like looting and such.

I totally understand. I mistook by Taser C2 for my Braun 7000 and accidentally shot myself in the taint trying to manscape for happy time with the wife.

Sorry had to.

At a time when Minnesota cops should be, oh, I don't know...extra fluccin careful, this amazing, 25 year veteran that never made it past patrol douche comes along and says, "here, hold my tazer..."

Bad shoot. No question there.

From what I've read, the officer involved has been described as a "long-time veteran of the force". So the misogynous "diversity hire" DBs ITT can piss off.

She F'ed up, no doubt, but until some of you 'armchair cops' have been in similar stressful situations, STFU about how cool and calm you'd be under same conditions.

She's not the first cop to negligently discharge their firearm mistaking it for a taser, and she won't be the last.
If someone really can not tell a Taser from a service weapon they have NO business being a Cop. I'm sorry if this offends some but it's just fact. Not everyone is ready to be Cop. She just got dumb lucky it took her this long to pull a major screw up. No one was coming at her with a weapon. The screw up was just trying to get away and she in her full on panic can't tell what she had in her hand. There is no excuse for this kind of incompetence. Not everyone should be a Cop.

He f'ed up as well, by resisting and trying to flee. There is blame to go around.
Yes, sadly this mistake cost him his life. In a perfect world? You run from the Police and die? Sucks to be you. Now we have the "real world" to live in though. This city has been a powder keg for a long time. Police have to know that. So then they pull something like this??? Really??

maybe obey a simple LEGAL command from a law enforcment officer and people likely wouldnt get shot.

yeah its the officers fault she shot him instead of tased. but had he followed command he wouldnt be in that position. guy had warrants, IIRC, officers HAD to arrest him. he tensed up and tried to flee which put him and the officers all in bad positions.

shoulda woulda coulda and you get what you pay for, i guess.

The way I see it, two stupid people were involved. A 20 year old felon wanted for the illegal possession of a firearm (let that sink in for a moment), who not only resisted arrest but ultimately fled the scene, albeit after he was shot. Lord knows what else they may have been after him for...

And a 25 year police veteran who, appearantly with whatever training she'd received, failed a most fundamental difference between lethal arms and tasers... Discharging said sidearm into the resisting felon, causing his ultimate death.

A tragedy to be sure, but one the victim surely inflicted on himself. At the end if the day, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Defunding and neutering police work will only result in more crimes being committed and more
lawlessness. We have already experienced that in major cities across the country over the past year. Welcome to the new woke reality of AmeriKa comrade...

Summer 2021 may make Summer 2020 look like amateur night... Keep yer head on a swivel...

25 years and she doesn't know the difference by feel from a Taser to a Glock. Some experience. :rolleyes:
Have to agree with this, because they're her equipment, she must be handling them daily, checking before going out on patrol. To not feel the difference, in just the grip, seems to me to be, well strange. Perhaps they're just tools and there's no muscle or tactile memory for either tool...

Have to agree with this, because they're her equipment, she must be handling them daily, checking before going out on patrol. To not feel the difference, in just the grip, seems to me to be, well strange. Perhaps they're just tools and there's no muscle or tactile memory for either tool...
could be.

for the record, i work with tools every day. i can tell the difference between a wrench or ratchet i use everyday versus the exact same wrench of a co workers. sounds weird, but theres a difference. atleast to me.

"Self responsibility at its finest. Agencies keep lowering the standard and continue to pander to a "woke" society and this is what you will begin to see."

100% Agree. And seeing the results more and more often.

Back to Revolvers? Or make the Taser use Safe Gun technology to save lives?

Or don't simply fck with someone who has a loaded gun. Especially if they are wearing a badge. Quick learning curve on that one. Darwinism. Teach your children. I don't mean to be callous but I have been arrested and did not resist. Why? What good would it possibly do. Not the 1930's. It used to be called "You can't outrun the Police Radio or the Long Arm of the Law" Now it's GPS, Face Space Insta Bird Cluck or whatever the kids are sending naked pictures on now. Fighting the cop that has a job to do has always baffled me. Unless they are fixing to hang you from the nearest, but it's 2021. The Space Age and the protectors of the people could be trained until the cows come home, guess what ---Practice and the Big Game are Different--- and performance only counts in the score at the end of the weekend, not how well you stayed in the cones on Wednesday. Wasn't really trying to bash on Wednesday, but c'mon, let's face facts, Tuesdays and Saturdays are completely different animals no matter how much people shout Thursdays Matter and No Bad Mondays. There is way more to this but we will pave it over with an abundance of caution, ZOOM away from our kids, and import or internet away everything we need done, made, or cleaned. And yes, I was born on a Tuesday, and that doesn't make me any better or worse than Sunday ers, but it is also not the Fault of the Sundayer that Thursday wanted to not play by the rules. Everyone looks at the Sundays forgetting it took a week full of weekdays to make a weekend.
Seriously, Re- fuccin - Volvers for the B, C, D-. Overall A- and better candidates should have their choice of weapon after demonstrating proficiency. F = Baton ONLY.

I practice starting at 12 yards while yelling, running, rolling, manipulating crap, ducking, firing, tripping, jumping, dropping stuff, picking other stuff up, carrying heavy sheeit, firing, crap is blowing up all over the place, ricochets bouncing around, other people are yelling, firing, it's fkin snowing, bubblegumtt is on fire, I'm bleeding, can't find my family, Praying, firing, ducking, grabbing, firing, helping people, not shooting at everyone who may have a gun in the area, instead only aiming or at a minimum directing my fire at the middle of the biggest part of only those threats which are an imminent mortal danger to myself or my family or those whom I have been charged with protecting, and still hitting what the #@$& I am trying to Fkin hit. So maybe have a training session in Portland on a Saturday (no Offense intended) when the Sh*t is Hitting the Fan, and people are getting frisky. A paper target at a level 100 yards or however many Fkn Meters is not a 7x7 way back in the dark timber with just a hint of shoulder showing, in the fog and that idiot from the next drainage over is due to come stomping through any minute now, branch bull draw tag I been waiting for many years, and the wife texts me - my dumb bubblegum forgot to silence my phone. I can see him on the wall, but only in my mind. Hopefully I am chasing his kids around for many years. I do apologize for the rant.

This happened up here a few years ago.
I don't really remember where I think it was out Bremerton or some place around Olympia.
Guy on drugs if I remember right in a park.
Cops show up conversation gets heated.
Any way cop goes to taze him draws his gun instead.
Oh well .
One less drug addict.
In the Minnesota case if the dead guy would have just complied and did what the cops told him to do he would still be alive.
Oh well another idiot removed from the Gene pool.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top