JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Question: Are the taser holstered on the same side as the handgun? There is a few seconds in the video that the Glock is clear and moved to and fro for several seconds and one might think that the officer would have recognized that? But the problem was that the kid was resisting.... yuk.

No, the dept polciy is to have them on opposite side, firearm on the strong side, taser on the support side. It was stated in the video.

Bad shoot. No question there.

From what I've read, the officer involved has been described as a "long-time veteran of the force". So the misogynous "diversity hire" DBs ITT can piss off.

She F'ed up, no doubt, but until some of you 'armchair cops' have been in similar stressful situations, STFU about how cool and calm you'd be under same conditions.

She's not the first cop to negligently discharge their firearm mistaking it for a taser, and she won't be the last.
I've never been a civilian cop. But as an MP in the Marine Corps I dealt with felony stops, domestics, suicides, room clearing, assaults, physical altercations, child neglect, active warrants, homicides, etc. I may not have experience on the outside but I dealt with some stressful situations while working side by side with federal police officers. I'm speaking solely from my own personal experience.

Bad shoot. No question there.

From what I've read, the officer involved has been described as a "long-time veteran of the force". So the misogynous "diversity hire" DBs ITT can piss off.

She F'ed up, no doubt, but until some of you 'armchair cops' have been in similar stressful situations, STFU about how cool and calm you'd be under same conditions.

She's not the first cop to negligently discharge their firearm mistaking it for a taser, and she won't be the last.
He f'ed up as well, by resisting and trying to flee. There is blame to go around.

He f'ed up as well, by resisting and trying to flee. There is blame to go around.

Yes, he effed up by trying to run. But that traffic stop should have never resulted in the driver dying. No amount of "blame" can justify that in this case.

Watch the video again, with audio. Even the cop knows she screwed up badly.

are we really going to chalk it up to poor training? An officer with 25 years of experience?!?
Lol.
You must not be a union worker. I've had 20 year veterans who haven't improved their skill set since they were vested.
Still have seniority, still earn journeyman wages, still pull pensions.

Yes, he effed up by trying to run. But that traffic stop should have never resulted in the driver dying. No amount of "blame" can justify that in this case.

Watch the video again, with audio. Even the cop knows she screwed up badly.
My point is, even cops make mistakes, if you are going to resist and try to flee you are much more likely to experience one of those mistakes.

Lol.
You must not be a union worker. I've had 20 year veterans who haven't improved their skill set since they were vested.
Still have seniority, still earn journeyman wages, still pull pensions.
You're right I'm not. In my line of work, it's inconceivable that after 25 years you would have the same level of skills and knowledge as a fresh college grad. While I appreciate police officers and the work they do, this should not be an excuse for complacency.

are we really going to chalk it up to poor training? An officer with 25 years of experience?!?
Absolutely. Some people go through their entire career without being truly tested. Not just in LE but across all career fields.

My point is, even cops make mistakes, if you are going to resist and try to flee you are much more likely to experience one of those mistakes.
True. But does him trying to flee justify said mistake? I agree there is blame to go around. But one outweighs the other by a magnitude amount. But I agree. If you simply comply all of this will be avoided. Unfortunately when media preaches to minorities that cops are out to kill them they simply are afraid in any police interaction. And events like this isn't helping heal that divide. Fear is not an excuse but it is a reality.

True. But does him trying to flee justify said mistake? I agree there is blame to go around. But one outweighs the other by a magnitude amount. But I agree. If you simply comply all of this will be avoided. Unfortunately when media preaches to minorities that cops are out to kill them they simply are afraid in any police interaction. And events like this isn't helping heal that divide. Fear is not an excuse but it is a reality.
Mistakes are mistakes, they don't need justification. You can argue whether this warranted a stop in the first place, you can argue whether taser deployment was warranted. But you can't argue whether she should have pulled her pistol because that was supposedly a mistake.

I've known a few law enforcement professionals, and have several family members who are retired after decades in all levels of the trade.
As a firearms enthusiast, I find cops are rarely even close to my very modest level of gun knowledge. I've seen and heard downright stupid gun talk from folks who are paid to be armed.
Sadly, some of the worst trigger and muzzle discipline I've seen on the range has been from ex-military people. And I just cringe every time I watch a LEO wave a weapon all over the place while they struggle to clear it. I have great respect for anyone who choses either career, but OMG is there a need for better training.

Not to be outdone, Portland chuckles and tells Minneapolis, "here, hold my vegan-friendly-sustainable-non-gender-offensive-special pronoun microbrew....".

Mistakes are mistakes, they don't need justification. You can argue whether this warranted a stop in the first place, you can argue whether taser deployment was warranted. But you can't argue whether she should have pulled her pistol because that was supposedly a mistake.
Some mistakes can't be justified. And even mistakes need to held accountable. If that was your kid who was "accidentally" shot instead of being tased I think you may be singing a different tune. It's a bad shoot and the cops fault. She pulled the trigger. She is responsible for the the bullet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top