JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you watched the trial stream, you'd see that the part of the body that was being pressed down on was actually the shoulder except for a few seconds. Multiple camera angles forced the prosecution to admit this as fact.

The prosecution's use of force expert said on cross that more force would have been justified. So there's that.
Good info. I did watch some of the trial but I must have missed that part. I admit I did not see every minute of it but I did try and catch up on the highlights after work every day.

Good info. I did watch some of the trial but I must have missed that part. I admit I did not see every minute of it but I did try and catch up on the highlights after work every day.
It is/was, I think we can all agree, a media clusterfracas of amazing proportions. I suspect the officers could have done a better or more professional job and that might have saved Floyd's life for a bit longer until he managed to capitalise on some later self destruct opportunity.

The good news for the family is that he did more good for his germ line than anyone would have ever predicted.

I don't know, I'm not one to automatically assume or convict someone in my mind based off other bad choices. I couldn't care less how much drugs he did, what I saw in the video was not a man overdosing. I heard that argument at one point, that Floyd was ODing and that's what killed him. If he was indeed ODing like some people think, why didn't he get dosed with Narcan? I mean, it's LE job to PROTECT everyone, including perps. Maybe he needed a dose up the nose instead of a knee to the neck (or body).

Actually that's not true. The autopsy results were that he died from "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

The prelim reports didn't back it up but the official results from two different autopsies are that he died from homicide. The independent one used the term "mechanical asphyxiation".

Where did you get your info? Please tell me it's an official source. Although I can't find one that backs up what your saying…..
From the Hennepin County Autopsy Report

III. No life-threatening injuries identified
A. No facial, oral mucosal, or conjunctival petechiae
B. No injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal structures
EVIDENCE OF INJURY:
Head and Neck
 4 cm maximum dimension abraded red-black-purple contusion, lateral corner of left brow
 Pinpoint red abrasion, just left of the midline of the forehead
 6.5 cm maximum dimension red-black abrasion, left cheek
 0.6 cm maximum dimension red abrasion, just inferior to left corner of mouth
 0.8 cm maximum dimension curvilinear red avulsion, just superior to right side of upper lip
George Floyd 20-3700 Page 8
 Eight pinpoint to 0.2 cm maximum dimension red abrasions, right side of nose
 Faint blue contusions on the body of the nose (3.5 cm), right naris (1.5 cm), and left naris (1.0 cm)
 1.5 cm maximum dimension aggregate of pink-purple mucosal abrasions and lacerations, upper lip
 2 cm maximum dimension aggregate of pink-orange mucosal abrasions and lacerations, lower lip

Note the complete level of detail to the injuries noted. I've read lots of autopsy reports and attended over 75 personally. There is significant detail here but absent is any indication of "choking" (lack of petechiae and note absence in injuries).

Regarding the neck specifically:

NECK: Layer by layer dissection of the anterior strap muscles of
the neck discloses no areas of contusion or hemorrhage within
the musculature. The thyroid cartilage and hyoid bone are
intact. The larynx is lined by intact mucosa. The thyroid is
symmetric and red-brown, without cystic or nodular change. The
tongue is free of bite marks, hemorrhage, or other injuries.
The cervical spinal column is palpably stable and free of
hemorrhage.
(Emphasis added)
There was this however:

A. Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:
1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL; Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive
Blood volatiles: negative for ethanol, methanol, isopropanol, or acetone
C. Urine drug screen: presumptive positive for cannabinoids, amphetamines, and fentanyl/metabolite
D. Urine drug screen confirmation: morphine (free) 86 ng/mL
George Floyd 20-3700 Page 3

The ultimate finding of "homicide" (the killing of a human being by another human being) can be subjective and based on the totality (and opinion) of information (and politics) and is not purely based on clinical information from an autopsy report. I never saw the above on CNN or MSNBC...just say'n.

From the Hennepin County Autopsy Report

III. No life-threatening injuries identified
B. No injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal structures
EVIDENCE OF INJURY:
Head and Neck
 4 cm maximum dimension abraded red-black-purple contusion, lateral corner of left brow
 Pinpoint red abrasion, just left of the midline of the forehead
 6.5 cm maximum dimension red-black abrasion, left cheek
 0.6 cm maximum dimension red abrasion, just inferior to left corner of mouth
 0.8 cm maximum dimension curvilinear red avulsion, just superior to right side of upper lip
George Floyd 20-3700 Page 8
 Eight pinpoint to 0.2 cm maximum dimension red abrasions, right side of nose
 Faint blue contusions on the body of the nose (3.5 cm), right naris (1.5 cm), and left naris (1.0 cm)
 1.5 cm maximum dimension aggregate of pink-purple mucosal abrasions and lacerations, upper lip
 2 cm maximum dimension aggregate of pink-orange mucosal abrasions and lacerations, lower lip

Note the complete level of detail to the injuries noted. I've read lots of autopsy reports and attended over 75 personally. There is significant detail here but absent is any indication of "choking" (lack of petechiae and note absence in injuries).

Regarding the neck specifically:

NECK: Layer by layer dissection of the anterior strap muscles of
the neck discloses no areas of contusion or hemorrhage within
the musculature. The thyroid cartilage and hyoid bone are
intact. The larynx is lined by intact mucosa. The thyroid is
symmetric and red-brown, without cystic or nodular change. The
tongue is free of bite marks, hemorrhage, or other injuries.
The cervical spinal column is palpably stable and free of
hemorrhage.
(Emphasis added)
There was this however:

A. Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:
1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL; Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive
Blood volatiles: negative for ethanol, methanol, isopropanol, or acetone
C. Urine drug screen: presumptive positive for cannabinoids, amphetamines, and fentanyl/metabolite
D. Urine drug screen confirmation: morphine (free) 86 ng/mL
George Floyd 20-3700 Page 3

The ultimate finding of "homicide" (the killing of a human being by another human being) can be subjective and based on the totality (and opinion) of information (and politics) and is not purely based on clinical information from an autopsy report. I never saw the above on CNN or MSNBC...just say'n.
More good info. I looked for this earlier and only found dead links to it.

I heard that argument at one point, that Floyd was ODing and that's what killed him. If he was indeed ODing like some people think, why didn't he get dosed with Narcan?
IIRC he was OD'ing from quite a cocktail of things and I'm not certain anyone but George's dealer really knew what that was. Remember - the reason he asked to be taken OUT of the back of the police car was because he was having trouble breathing. Won't see that reported much but it's documented fact.

Interesting also was the competing autopsy reports, one from the prosecutions doctor who said conclusively that George died of trauma consistent with the restraining method used by Chauvin! The other testimony from the defense teams doctor clearly said there was NO trauma and that George died of the effects of his drug use compounded by his agitated state! So, the question is, why was Chauvin convicted of murder?
I'm not looking for feelings here, but facts!
George was a dead man walking, and I wouldn't have mattered who the cop was that restrained George, george was a dead man of his own making!

I'm not defending Chauvin, just pointing to FACTS that were not seen before the trial, and carefully suppressed during, Chauvin was consistent in his restraint of George, as any other officer would have been in dealing with a person such as George.

There should be an appeal, there is far too much that was seriously wrong with how the trial was handled, the jury were biased and influenced, and the pros. witness basically lied on the stand!

I don't see him as a martyr like some. Although murder? I'd say more like manslaughter but what do I know.

I don't see him as a martyr like some. Although murder? I'd say more like manslaughter but what do I know.
The fact the jury came back from "carefully examining" over 55,000 items of evidence in a few hours, and then convicted on all counts means something, but not what the mass media wants people to think it means. What it means is that instead of carefully considering the evidence and the law, and rationally deciding for each criminal count, the jury decided all three counts based on feels and the threat of backlash.

Not really justice, or due process. In fact, the reason the judge gave for denying a change of venue basically boiled down to "sure, he can't get a fair trial here, but he can't get a more fair trial anywhere else either", which is a pretty sad commentary on the justice system in this instance. If a person can't get a fair trial, we shouldn't try them.

As for manslaughter, I might see that in the scenario I already laid out, where it could be alleged that by allowing FLoyd out of the police car, the officer in charge broke with policy and this led to a chain of events that delayed medical attention.

Murder 3 is not even applicable - look at the statute.

Murder 2 is potentially applicable but wasn't shown.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top