JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread makes me feel better....like we're in group therapy.

" Hi, my name is simon99 and I have ( X amount) of ammo"......

I always laugh when the media makes a big deal and says, " and the individual had an arsenal including a stockpile of 1000 rounds of ammo"

Only 1000? Time to re-stock bro.

Thats what I said when that young boy took a box of .22 ammo to school.
I then showed them how large the .22 cartridge was compared to the media labeled "evil" .223/5.56 round and how much generally came in a box.

They then talked about the lethality of the .223/5.56.. I then told them what a proper hunting rifle round or slug/buckshot could do and asked them is that was better or worse..

We talked for a while until they realized they had been brainwashed by the media and they were too ignorant to have an opinion.

^this. This is how one can afford to slowly stock pile ammo.
Little bits here and there.
Its that next book/movie, bottle of whiskey or date with your woman.. Everyone can afford to cut budget somewhere.

X2. I lost my job with Multnomah County in 2008, and for a couple of years, struggled to support my family on a low-wage job. But even then, I would find a few dollars every pay check to buy a box of .22 LR or .223. No regrets about those purchases.

X2. I lost my job with Multnomah County in 2008, and for a couple of years, struggled to support my family on a low-wage job. But even then, I would find a few dollars every pay check to buy a box of .22 LR or .223. No regrets about those purchases.

Yep, same here. I was in between jobs back in 2009. Just kept buying something. Even if it was only a box of 5 buckshot.

I only wish I had thrown in an occasional reloading component now and then.

When my tin foil hat gets put on, I want about 1000 rounds per uncommon caliber that would be hard to find in a SHTF situation. The common rounds I allow to dip as low as 500, but usually I have about 1000 of those on hand as well.

There are a few rounds, which would be go to rounds, I have a lot more than 1000. Firearms are one of my main passions in life, and I like a good deal. If I see a good deal on factory reloads, or unopened/sealed tins of ammo I grab them. I've done that for years, which is why for the most part I've always had ammo the past several years.

Of course, one never can have enough 22.... :D

This thread makes me feel better....like we're in group therapy.

" Hi, my name is simon99 and I have ( X amount) of ammo"......

I always laugh when the media makes a big deal and says, " and the individual had an arsenal including a stockpile of 1000 rounds of ammo"

Only 1000? Time to re-stock bro.

Hello my name is James and I have about 3-4k rounds of ammo all calibers total

Hmm, i might have to recount, but seriously, you start running into storage concerns if you've not planned it all out :(

Buying every week or month is a great idea, but saving up and buying in bulk when what you want is on sale will get you a lot more ammo in the long run. I have some stuff that is over a decade old. I haven't had less than 3,000 rounds of 22LR since a certain extreme leftist has been in office.

ammo is cheaper than a funeral and far cheaper than slavery-at any price.
The reason that tyrants hate armed civilians is that their army of thugs are mostly cheap mercenaries who will only fight against unarmed foes.
ammo and mags: 'For the next generation'

13000 min for the SHTF rifle, and 10,000 for the pistol. Also make sure to have spare parts for both! Firing pins, springs etc.

I understand spare parts but 13,000 per rifle and 10,000 per pistol? Really? Either you're bragging or you don't have that many rifles or pistols?

If the s really hit the f, how do you expect to carry this?

As a former infantryman, I can attest that a person with a rifle can easily burn through a thousand rounds in a single intense engagement. Also, the single best thing you can do is buy as much ammo as you can afford, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

I understand spare parts but 13,000 per rifle and 10,000 per pistol? Really? Either you're bragging or you don't have that many rifles or pistols?

If the s really hit the f, how do you expect to carry this?

Most of us plan on bugging in.
Bugging out is an absolute last resort.
What I carry and what I store are two different things.
I carry enough to get home.
Once home, I have enough to address any issues that should arise.. :)

As a former infantryman, I can attest that a person with a rifle can easily burn through a thousand rounds in a single intense engagement. Also, the single best thing you can do is buy as much ammo as you can afford, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

First I'd like to say, thanks for your service.

Secondly, I don't know anybody who has 13,000 rd per rifle since everybody I know who owns rifles have at LEAST 3-5 and then some. Do the math.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top