JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1923 Remington 17 20g probably had some rust and PO got too aggressive before trading it in. I just want to reduce the scratch lines without messing with the patina of the entire receiver or what little blue remains. Did a little 0000 and brass brush on surface rust this is deeper. Before I try hope to get some baby steps so I dont make things worse.
View attachment 755687 20200927_182754.jpg
Rem17 receiver.jpg

Last Edited:
I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this. I have 2 older rifles where the original owner scratched their name or drivers license number into the side of the receiver.

Yup your in for a full refurb if you really want them gone abrade to remove scratches. Then refinish with similar patina.

Mark on the "anvil" YT channel has some great videos regarding this. Alot of them can even be done simply at home, If your brave and have some basic equipment ie way to make steam decent files and sandpaper.

Not all of his methods i agree with. But those are minor quibles most are top notch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top