JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting…Been a long time since having to buy a truck stop Johnnie!

To me, what you are describing is a fixed on the body appendix holster. Ever spoken to an ER Doctor or Nurse about the GSW (gun shot wound) victims who come in? It ain't the people who put the gun in a trigger guard holster and then attach to the waist band that have problems.

Show me a case where the minimalist holster 'failed' to protect the gun and cause a critical problem. Otherwise this is a lot of truck-stop conjecture. :s0033:
You're right. It's stupid/negligent people who have that problem. It has nothing to do with the size of the holster…..

Interesting…Been a long time since having to buy a truck stop Johnnie!

To me, what you are describing is a fixed on the body appendix holster. Ever spoken to an ER Doctor or Nurse about the GSW (gun shot wound) victims who come in? It ain't the people who put the gun in a trigger guard holster and then attach to the waist band that have problems.

Show me a case where the minimalist holster 'failed' to protect the gun and cause a critical problem. Otherwise this is a lot of truck-stop conjecture. :s0033:
The tenths of an ounce of kydex and the extra thickness of said kydex is a pretty minimal sacrifice to deal with compared to excess gun wear, sub-par safety features and funky reholstering in my opinion.

The tenths of an ounce of kydex and the extra thickness of said kydex is a pretty minimal sacrifice to deal with compared to excess gun wear, sub-par safety features and funky reholstering in my opinion.
KRUEL J: Not all minimalist holster are equal. Nor are all full size holsters. I suggest that your tea is weak. Gun wear? Yes. Funky reholstering? Compared to what? Appendix? Ankle holster? Small of back?

KRUEL J: Not all minimalist holster are equal. Nor are all full size holsters. I suggest that your tea is weak. Gun wear? Yes. Funky reholstering? Compared to what? Appendix? Ankle holster? Small of back?

I'll pass on all of them as a daily carry. Full kydex for AIWB carry for me. I also carry a full size gun with a light so one little belt clip isn't going to cut it.

The gun unloaded is over 40oz so I need some support that a minimalistic holster cant provide. Plus removing the holster to reholster (mentioned previously) is a failure point for me personally. They are good for having the trigger protected while in a bag but that's about it.

9947717E-8432-495C-BF7A-606154751BA0.jpeg 4507AF94-9F63-4CB2-8AEA-CBFC80CFF3A8.jpeg

Last Edited:
Un-holstering isn't the issue, re-holstering is.
That's why I carry my IWB hybrid Kydex and leather, I don't even have to look to see if it's going in properly! I can tell by feel.
I use a different grip when re-holstering all my fingers are covering the firearm semi auto or revolver so that they can't accidentally fall inside the trigger guard. I have the barrel between my index and middle fingers.
Having my hand so orientated it is easy to feel the opening of my hybrid holster.
You just can't do that with any of the soft IWB holsters, leather of ballistics cloth, that collapse when the gun is drawn.
Of course OWB is a different matter. I've tried a number of different types and always return to my hybrid for concealment,
Do I need to say that the trigger guard is FULLY covered, you bet it is!
I almost forgot, I carry every day and almost forget that I'm doing so, this type of holster is that comfortable!
Gabby

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class