JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for posting that! I will have to check out the rest of his series on minimalist holsters.
I've been using a Versacarry Zero Bulk for years now with a compact 45. They come in different lengths depending how high you want the gun to ride above the belt line. Q

Screenshot_20220820-084852.png Screenshot_20220820-084826.png

Al I can say is that if a minimalist holster isn't right for you then don't bubbleguming buy one. Buy and use what's right for you. Now that wasn't hard, was it?

Al I can say is that if a minimalist holster isn't right for you then don't bubbleguming buy one. Buy and use what's right for you. Now that wasn't hard, was it?
I have minimalist holsters. But they protect the entire trigger. It's more of a safety issue than anything. But if you're comfortable with what you carry then more power to you. No one here is telling you what to do.

No one is worried about your thumb, but all the other stuff that can get to the trigger.

It's unsafe

Yea there is no way I would carry with one in the pipe while the trigger is exposed. Whether against my body or between clothing.

This is as minimal as I would ever go https://www.veilsolutions.com/products-page/gear/vs-ghost-glock but reholster would require removal of the holster which is less than ideal.
It more than less than ideal in my book it is a deal breaker. Not a whole lot different than the trigger guard holsters discussed here:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/trigger-guard-holsters-im-a-fan.411031/
Another one of the characteristics I demand in a concealment holster is the breakup to the firearm's footprint, these minimalist style holster pretty much suck at that for anything short of gangbanger, falling around the ankles loose britches.

Here is my minimalist. Self made, like all the ones I end up actually using, its been working just fine for many years now. never know its there even when I remove the gun.
IMGP0142.JPG As an aside, the front sight was removed and dovetail filled shortly after picture was taken.

Edit:
Disclaimer; I am informed this is a dangerous holster. Notwithstanding it has two adjustable retention screws, the user has fifty years of continuous Carry experience, if he tried to jump down two normal steps would likely break his leg, and takes a half hour to get from the living room to the bathroom, Still, BE advised this holster should not be used other than as example. Not to mention, If you think I'm wearing it, run for cover.

Last Edited:
Here is my minimalist. Self made, like all the ones I end up actually useing, its been working just fine for many years now. never know its there even when I remove the gun.
View attachment 1261968As an aside, the front sight was removed and dovetail filled shortly after picture was taken.
Yaqui Slide holster. Had one send my G19 doing cartwheels across the parking lot when I went into a full sprint.

Yaqui Slide holster. Had one send my G19 doing cartwheels across the parking lot when I went into a full sprint.
Retention is ESSENTIAL! So many people don't factor in going hands on, rolling on the ground, running, falling, jumping etc. it's a quick way to loose a gun if you're strictly relying on belt/body pressure to retain a weapon…… loose your pistol and you're at a great disadvantage.

Retention is ESSENTIAL! So many people don't factor in going hands on, rolling on the ground, running, falling, jumping etc. it's a quick way to loose a gun if you're strictly relying on belt/body pressure to retain a weapon…… loose your pistol and you're at a great disadvantage.
For years I have moved away from leather and active retention devices on CCW holsters such as thumb breaks but my next holster is going to be a return to both with a Rusty Sherrick SIS made for a WML and optic cut.

For years I have moved away from leather and active retention devices on CCW holsters such as thumb breaks but my next holster is going to be a return to both with a Rusty Sherrick SIS made for a WML and optic cut.
OWB?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top