JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What would be necessary to convert a Mini14 to pump action? It appears that the configuration of the piston(?) lends itself to a conversion, but some means of attaching a handgrip to the piston along with a means of support for the handgrip would be necessary. Of course, the gas port would be blocked.

Why? A converted Mini14 would no longer be a semi-automatic. From personal limited experience, my time to back on target with other pump guns is not noticeably longer than with semi-automatics.

Thanks in advance.

I think Ironmonster may be on to something - I don't know if the cost and effort to make the conversion would be worth it - not to mention you may have a really tough time selling it later if you decide you don't want it.

That said, I'm going to tag @tac, he's a member from Great Britain. I know he runs into various semi-autos that have been specially converted for use in Great Britain. Maybe he can give you an idea of what something like that might involve.

That said, I'm going to tag @tac, he's a member from Great Britain. I know he runs into various semi-autos that have been specially converted for use in Great Britain. Maybe he can give you an idea of what something like that might involve.

That is an excellent recommendation but I still think the idea is silly.

That is an excellent recommendation but I still think the idea is silly.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks and all that ;) It wouldn't be my choice of a direction to go, but if someone wants to modify their gun, so long as it's safe and so long as they're not mangling a rare collectible, then I'm okay with it.

My only qualification is if the OP does it, I want to see photos of the final result.

You mean something like this?

b89883feee6fb465f816d4a9751b18ba.jpg

b89883feee6fb465f816d4a9751b18ba.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads