JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Summary: Itarget is app name of this inexpensive one I found. U use ur phone and a laser cartridge. It lets you use your own targets, measures shot times from draw to first shot, and records shot placement for a cost of about $31. Very simple and easy to set up. Makes fake bullet holes on ur screen (I don't care about that). You can set up delay so u have time to reholster for the next shot. Cons r u can't set random start times. Here is a screenshot from my phone:
9D596F31-9E9A-43FF-B5D1-0A0B2B488FD7.jpeg
There are tons of apps and systems and it took me forever to wade through it all. Here is what I found out which hopefully will save some work for others. Please note some things may be innacurate and hopefully poeple can correct if they see those.

types of texhnologies out there roughly in order from simplest to most complex:

1) simple app that uses microphone to record dryfire sounds. Makeready lite is a free app which does this but you have to use headphones with a mic and the mic has to be extremely close to the gun to catch the sound of hammer falling (did not try with striker fire). Works a little bit but very clumsy imo. You would have to mount mic to within inches of the hammer imo.

2) phone + laser cartridge. Many apps out there but most don't include a shot timer, they just record where your shots hit. Fe strikerman, laserhit (reportedly long time to set up), bullz-i, sharpshot ez-trainer, shot veryfier and a few others. Itarget app (the one Shown above) is free but to add shot timer costs $5 one time fee. A generic laser cartridge was $26 on Amazon for 9mm but I don't know current price.

3) phone + laser cartridge + special targets that talk to phone via Bluetooth. I think I looked at 3 of these but didn't write down the names except for pentashot. You need to buy the whole system with special Bluetooth targets for these.

4) phone + laser + computer + TV or wall projector. dryfireonline. This one is unique cuz u can have several different ranges, targets (including moving targets), games, etc and it is as big as your wall if you have a projector, or as big as ur tv). The reason I didn't go for it is for multiple shots u would need to rack the slide between shots if it's striker fired or use double action on a revolver (or DA/SA gun). I only shoot single action so it didn't appeal to me for that reason. Looks like it would take a while to set up but would be an excellent man cave toy. $5 month subscription required for full featured version.

5) attach a seperate laser to gun rail. MantisX is the one I saw. I did not have interest due to I can't holster with the mantis attachment attached to the gun.

6) one oddball one I saw was you attach ur actual phone to a shotgun. Don't remember the name of it cuz no interest for me but it's out there.

I was looking for measuring draw time and ideally record accuracy. Itarget works for that. There may be others I didn't find too. Glad that long rabbit hole search is over ha ha. Hope this helps someone to see what the options are. There are probably others I missed also. Cheers!

edit: oops I forgot the ones that use co2 cartridges to mimic recoil. Can't remember the name.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top