JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks kinda like a fun rifle to me...
Maybe for the kids to use , who are too small to handle a Mosin , will enjoy shooting it , while dad or mom uses the actual Mosin...

Plus I am just weird enough to like single shot .22 rifles....so there may be an adult market as well.
Andy

Not everyone hates Mosin Nagants?

I bought my daughter a little Cricket .22 some years back, and wasn't terribly impressed with the quality. $500 seems drastically overpriced if it's made to the same standards.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have an Enfield MKIV, Mauser K98, and Ross rifle... even fewer have access to a training rifle of those models. I was fortunate enough growing up to see this mini mosin and chuckle.

There also may be a market for communists to arm their children...
:D

I like the idea and would buy one......................., but only if the cost is less than or equal to the price I paid for my Mosin.

Basically, that means that I will never own one, as they are already 4-5 times more expensive what I paid for the real thing. I don't see the price dropping either, especially since their basic Crickett rifle already costs more than that.

Ray

I like the idea and would buy one......................., but only if the cost is less than or equal to the price I paid for my Mosin.

Basically, that means that I will never own one, as they are already 4-5 times more expensive what I paid for the real thing. I don't see the price dropping either, especially since their basic Crickett rifle already costs more than that.

Ray
I'd get one for $89.95 too!

Ray

I'm feeling old now. I remember older guys back when I was young talking about how cheap stuff was when they were younger, barrels full of $10 Mausers and such back in the '60s. Now I'm doing it, remembering the $50 Mosins and Turkish Mausers I used to buy.

Just last week I dug out a pair of M44s from the back of the safe. I remember buying them at Big 5, $99 for the pair, BGC included. That was in 2000 as I recall.

Neat idea, but when I think about what else I could buy for $500, it looses all appeal. :)

Because most of the guns in my safe are milsurps, so that's what my son knows and loves. And right now he is in the I wanting everything like Dad stage (I don't mind), and if this were a Springfield, I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake...

Neat idea, but when I think about what else I could buy for $500, it looses all appeal. :)
I absolutely love .22s of all shapes and sizes, and I could definitely see the appeal of this one just for fun, but I imagine kids would get bored with it rather quickly.

As for a trainer, a better choice would be a Ruger American Rimfire at half the price, which then makes an easy transition to a 10/22.

As for better things to spend money on, I agree completely. $500 will buy a quality .22 suppressor and tax stamp, which will offer much more long term enjoyment, as well as being infinitely more useful for training young shooters.

At cool as it looks, that's basically all you are paying for; appearance. I wouldn't mind owning one just for grins, but it would have to be <$200 for me to be a serious buyer.

It does look cool, though! ;)

Because most of the guns in my safe are milsurps, so that's what my son knows and loves. And right now he is in the I wanting everything like Dad stage (I don't mind), and if this were a Springfield, I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake...
That's why my dad told me to buy modern, and buy new.

I have no desire to own a Mosin but if that was under $200 I'd be on it as just something for the collection. One persons taste don't mean much in the real world. I've found that what one person doesn't like others will line up to buy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top