JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years back there was a spate of .22LR clones of MSR's and such
GSG-5
S&W M&P 15-22 (The best of the .22 AR clones IMHO)
ATI (IIRC) AK-47 clone
An M-1 Clone
Sig 522
and my favoritest, the StG-44 clone
There have been others since then so I think this Moisin is just the latest in the parade

And No, I won't be buying one.

There you go- a 5.56 Mosin, for the 21st century! Someone would buy it!

As they say, there's no accounting for taste. I don't try to tell others what they should like, and do get a bit offended when someone tells me what I should or shouldn't like (or implies that I'm stupid for liking something).

I have a coworker who constantly rails about iPhones, how terrible they are compared to his Android, how he hates them with a passion and they shouldn't even exist. Whatever, I don't care, but it does get old to hear it all the time. I have one because that's what they gave me for work. It would be seriously irritating if I was a real iPhone fan.

Heck, there are people out there that like Hi-Points, and you could buy like five of them for the cost of this little Mosin wannabe! :D

That mini mosin is a little cutie, but as others have stated, not in that price range!
I figger, if I'm gonna get a .22 rifle (will likely end up with dad's Mossberg), I'll probably look real hard at a Rossi RS22 rifle.
4 lbs., 10 shot mag, $139, good shooter (from what I've seen so far)...seems pretty hard to beat at that price.

Dean

Hate to admit, but I'd do it....not at $500 tho, under 300 maybe.
$400 and no crate for you. I wouldn't want it either, smallest I'd go in a bolt for myself is .223. Maybe if I had a kid.
Yah ... no idea. Particularly a single-shot at that price point. Beyond the history factor, I never really understood the appeal the Moisin in general though. But, to each their own. :)
With bayonet it becomes shishkabob holder.
Why go all the way down to 22
Why not 223
Why not .45 Colt? 45 Colt is an honest .45 caliber round, .223 is .224 caliber and .22 is .223, both lie.

"I'm feeling old now. I remember older guys back when I was young talking about how cheap stuff was when they were younger, barrels full of $10 Mausers and such back in the '60s. Now I'm doing it, remembering the $50 Mosins and Turkish Mausers I used to buy."
Not disputing that guns that were cheap aren't any more. However, if you apply an inflation calculator it's not as much as at 1st glance.
US Inflation Calculator

Lots of truth in that. To add to it, I was broke 25 or 30 years ago when there were some really good deals to be had on nice surplus guns. I think $100 was harder for me to come by back then than $500 is now.

I've said it before; I wish I had sold all my guns and bought Google stock 15 years ago.

Yep, back in 90 you could go to your lgs and choose a Chinese SKS out of a crate of 10, grab a case of ammo and walk out of the store for $200, tax an fees included.

Yep, back in 90 you could go to your lgs and choose a Chinese SKS out of a crate of 10, grab a case of ammo and walk out of the store for $200, tax an fees included.
I got mine for $155.00 out the door, they had hundreds they were trying to dump.

Hell, Norinco SKS was $69.99 back then at Goodguys guns in Salem. Mak90's were $119.99 I believe. Found receipts from them in the back of the safe not long ago.

I was fairly new to guns and such back then. I'd been shooting for a while but didn't know the ropes about buying or anything. My dad got caught up a little in the panic about all the gun control talk around that time and ended up getting ripped off pretty badly at a gun show.

He doesn't even like guns, never has, but with the talk of banning them he thought he needed a couple. As I recall he paid $200 each for a couple SKSs (no ammo), $500 for a used Mini-14, and $600 for a used P226. Bear in mind this was 30 years ago, and those were crazy high prices back then.

Hell, back in '90, whatever used H&R singles were going for, you could get a Mosin for about the same price...sometimes, a little less! :eek::D

Last Edited:
... I wouldn't want it either, smallest I'd go in a bolt for myself is .223. Maybe if I had a kid. ...

Just to be contrarian, I have bolt action .22 and it is my favorite shooter. More accurate than my 10/22 (always more fun to hit what I aim at instead of just hear a bang), cheap to shoot. I always get a big smile when I take it out, more so than most of what I've got.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top