JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i purchased a mini draco ak47 a few weeks back and i have got to say i have put about 1000 rounds threw it now and it is a blast this thing is suprisingly accurate for how small it is 7.5 inch barrel) and it always gets everyones attention when shooting i have yet to see anyone else with one so i was jus curious if anyone else has one and how do you like it
2011-07-30_1120541.jpg

Last Edited:
I've been toying with the idea of getting one to eventually SBR. I love my AKs and an SBR Draco is the next logical step. (My logic)
BTW, are there different types of Draco to look for? I've heard people talk about the C model.

I have one, great little flame thrower. Mine is all in piece's awaiting the arrival of my approved form 1, sounds like it may be another month though,,, :(

Dealer I bought mine from only had the one. So I got stuck with a canted sight, that's my only gripe.

Canted front sights are an easy fix... rubber mallet usually fixes that right up. I picked up a beater WASR-10/63 with a canted sight, put it in the vise block and gave it a couple smacks and WALLAH.... front sight post was re-zeroed and is right in the middle of the sight housing now! If you can't "malletize" it, punching out the pints and re-drilling, then putting in 1/8" pins (slightly larger dia. than stock) is the next step, and that isn't rocket science either.

"malletize" it, punching out the pints and re-drilling, then putting in 1/8" pins (slightly larger dia. than stock) is the next step, and that isn't rocket science either.

Well maybe you need to study up on rocket science. NEVER use a drill for pins on a barrel. You use an end mill. The drill will walk and ef everything up. An end mill will not walk because it is not tapered at the end. Machining correctly does take a little education.

Well maybe you need to study up on rocket science. NEVER use a drill for pins on a barrel. You use an end mill. The drill will walk and ef everything up. An end mill will not walk because it is not tapered at the end. Machining correctly does take a little education.

That's not what I said. Nobody said machining doesn't take education, but fixing canted AK FSB's is NOT a difficult proposition... what I SAID was, you punch out the pins (from left to right) with a mallet/hammer and a proper sized drift punch.

Then you can/should re-drill for new pins because of the slight shifting that will occur using the existing holes in the FSB to guide your drill bit. On a different WASR-10/63 (I have) I used a Harbor Freight drill press, not a handheld drill... although I could have (or a $10,000 milling machine), used a level to get the FSB laying perfectly flat and perpendicular to the drill bit, went slow, used cutting oil.... and my WASR-10/63 is NOW rock solid in the FSB dept.

The new pins should be cut to length, heat treated and pressed in (from right to left) with a press or use some finesse and use the hammer/mallet and drift punch. You can heat treat the pins by attaching one end to a magnet, take a torch and heat the pin up at the opposite end from the magnet until it drops off the magnet... wallah, you now have a heat treated pin.... SCIENCE!!

Siiigh.... that's the problem with "scientists"... they rely too heavily on "high tech", over analyze EVERYTHING and get all condescending & snarky towards those who are able to improvise "outside the box"... maybe you should tell my FSB and barrel its SUPPOSED to be "all ef'd up", because it sure as "H" doesn't know it should be. :s0112:

MiniDraco002.jpg
MiniDraco001.jpg

Here is my "Mini Draco". I built it myself with a 7" barrel. I just put the US made "Krink" style break on it so that's why it's not painted with Duracoat to match the rest of the gun. It started life as a Romy "G". Now it's all "tacticool".

This is pure ignorance. Please people do not beat your front sight with a hammer. Your front sight is positioned where it is due to the relationship between your rear sight and the grooves on the barrel. Your pins follow the grooves this dictates where your sight ends up. To beat your front sight with a hammer would either elongate the grooves or distort the pins either way you end up with dead space which will eventually if not immediately make your front sight loose. I dont mean to be a prick here but if you dont know what your talking about then please dont talk because you could have several people destroying their guns with the idiot wind blowing from your lips. This is one of the most stupid things I have read on a forum in a long time I appreciate anyone who is trying to help on any forum but please people think about what your saying before you say it picture in your head mechanically what would happen when a tight fitted pin gets forced in a rotational direction against a groove and two holes it was forced into. It makes me sick to think about somebody out there beating their front sight because of reckless advice like this.

This is pure ignorance. Please people do not beat your front sight with a hammer. Your front sight is positioned where it is due to the relationship between your rear sight and the grooves on the barrel. Your pins follow the grooves this dictates where your sight ends up. To beat your front sight with a hammer would either elongate the grooves or distort the pins either way you end up with dead space which will eventually if not immediately make your front sight loose. I dont mean to be a prick here but if you dont know what your talking about then please dont talk because you could have several people destroying their guns with the idiot wind blowing from your lips. This is one of the most stupid things I have read on a forum in a long time I appreciate anyone who is trying to help on any forum but please people think about what your saying before you say it picture in your head mechanically what would happen when a tight fitted pin gets forced in a rotational direction against a groove and two holes it was forced into. It makes me sick to think about somebody out there beating their front sight because of reckless advice like this.

Gee CircleT, welcome to the forum. That was a pretty frustrated first post. But I do understand what you are saying

rdb241. Thank you for the welcoming. I suppose something constructive should have been added to my post. With a crooked front sight on an AK platform I suggest you either send it to CIA or whomever it came from to have it fixed or replaced. A friend bought a WASR used and CIA still replaced or fixed cant remember it for free due to a crooked front sight If return for repair is not an option I suggest a competent gunsmith. Unless you feel that you have the proper equipment, skills,and knowledge to fix it yourself and im not talking about a hammer. Good luck.

rdb241. Thank you for the welcoming. I suppose something constructive should have been added to my post. With a crooked front sight on an AK platform I suggest you either send it to CIA or whomever it came from to have it fixed or replaced. A friend bought a WASR used and CIA still replaced or fixed cant remember it for free due to a crooked front sight If return for repair is not an option I suggest a competent gunsmith. Unless you feel that you have the proper equipment, skills,and knowledge to fix it yourself and im not talking about a hammer. Good luck.

I didn't find anything distasteful about your prior post. You should see how I respond when folks talk about screwing together an AK ;)

Gee, golly gee.... Two years later, and my FS is still right where it should be. Thanks for sorting me out Jackson. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top