JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this on a website i frequent and thought everybody here would also enjoy watching it. Guy has a miniature cannon that he shoots 22lr bullets out of.

He pulls the bullet from the case and packs the cannon with firework flash powder.

Here's a video of him having some fun with it.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I made a small cannon in High school, I had to label it as a fish bat/knocker to be able to make it. It had a barrel the size of a AA battery. I would pack it with black powder and wadding to get a loud blast just for fun, it was like a reusable m-80.

One day I took it over to my cousins house to show it off and have some fun with it well my cousins had some bb guns and one of them had the bright idea to put half a tube of the daisy bb's into it and shoot it at a tree it was his idea so he wanted to light it.I took cover around the corner of one of the out buildings with my other cousin.

I have no idea why but after he lit the fuse he decided to try and run around the corner where we were. To do that he had to run right in front of the business end of a lit cannon and shot himself in the back. He got pretty lucky that only two of the bb's got him one in his back and one in his leg. We dug them out and never said a word to our parents.

To this day he is the only person I know of that has shot himself in the back.

I made a small cannon in High school, I had to label it as a fish bat/knocker to be able to make it. It had a barrel the size of a AA battery. I would pack it with black powder and wadding to get a loud blast just for fun, it was like a reusable m-80.

One day I took it over to my cousins house to show it off and have some fun with it well my cousins had some bb guns and one of them had the bright idea to put half a tube of the daisy bb's into it and shoot it at a tree it was his idea so he wanted to light it.I took cover around the corner of one of the out buildings with my other cousin.

Damn that was funny. Thanks for the laugh.
I have no idea why but after he lit the fuse he decided to try and run around the corner where we were. To do that he had to run right in front of the business end of a lit cannon and shot himself in the back. He got pretty lucky that only two of the bb's got him one in his back and one in his leg. We dug them out and never said a word to our parents.

To this day he is the only person I know of that has shot himself in the back.

Hahahahaha

He shot himself in the back!!!

Coward couldn't face -himself- like a man :) hahaha

I strongly dislike that cousin now days any way and he is a coward.lol

I had an argument with him once and as I walked away he snuck up behind me and got me in a rear naked choke. I was able to escape by grabbing his fingers and bending them I would have broke them but he let go.

DANG!!! Dangerous at both ends and using "Flash Powder" no less. Put that thing on a shelf and leave it there. At one time I had a 1 1/4" bore, 1/3 scale Parrot Rifle from Barnie's Cannons in Ill. I used crimped .22 blanks in the touch hole to fire it. It used 2 oz. of FG and I don't know how far the balls went. The Mortar is another story. Bloody tube fell over and broke my big toe. :eek:

Jack...:cool:

Coop44,

Sounds like a Mountain Howitzer. 40 yrs ago I belonged to the Cascade Cannon Club out of Tacoma WA. The Pres. owned a foundry and a couple of members cast Mountain Howitzer barrels (out of bronze). As I remember they threw an 8lb. ball with 16oz. of FG. Course at that time Black Powder was only $4.00 a lb. Too ex$pensive for me. Finally had my tube bored out to take old "D" Cell batteries.:rolleyes:

Jack...:cool:

yep the one I saw used special order steel tubing with 2" thick walls,welded in breech. Pounds of welding rod. an authentic carriage was built, looked wonderful

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top