JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What would be the choice of those in the know to do on a mini 30, mod-wise?
legal, of course.

Mostly causal plinking/shooting, and defense for when the zombies attack.
No comments on selling it and buying an AR :s0112:

Just collecting ideas, here.

Im pretty sure you can get the butler creek folding stock for the mini 30....Go with that and if you want to put optics on it only go with a b square mount. Other then those two things and maybe a trigger job i would call it good. MINI 14/30's dont have that many options as far as upgrades go, well there are some out there but most of them are very cheap and dont work correctly but ive used both the stock and mount on my rifles before and they made me very happy. Theres a thing called accustrute that clamps onto the barrel its supposed to shrink groups but if i remeber right it was alittle over 100 and thats to much in my mind to get burned on but it might be worth it.

I wont tell you to get ride of the mini 30 for an AR-15 but get ride of it and get mini 14 ranch rifle you will like it way more and theres more loads out there for the 223.

Mini 14 will likely be the next purchase.
Had one in the past, really liked it.
Wanted to get a 30 first.
Might even get a 14 used, iunno. They're alot more expensive than they used to be.

I was thinking of the muzzlelite stock for one or the other,maybe, and a flash suppressor, also a maybe.

Got it today, and picked up a couple 30 rd mags (no name) neither of which worked right.
tweaked the lips a bit, now they'll feed manually at least. still wants to catch the front of the mag though. Nothing a little work won't fix.
Got enough surplus russian to hopefully break it in.
Next weekend I'll have to go find a place to light it off.
Got 2 boxes of 7.62X54r for 5 bux each... so I can go mess with that too :)