JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a new Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle, that I am about to buy a new Leupold scope for. I'm set on a Leupold VX-II, but want to get thoughts on 3-9x or 4-12x. I plan on using it for coyotes and small animals, maybe deer sometime. The 4-12x is about $40 more, but in not sure I need the extra power.

Also, any thing I should do to get the most out of the rifle for accuracy?

I'm in the same boat. The scopes I am considering are the Vortex Diamondback either the 1.75-5x32 or the 2-7x35. The problem I have is they both seem to dominate the rifle. I am sort of fond of the simple mini.

Save yourself some money and grab a Redfield Revolution 2-7x32. Lightweight, compact, durable, clear, and plenty of magnification for the ranges a Mini-14 is capable of, accuracy wise. Now if you were talking about an accurate AR-15, well, I have a Redfield Revolution 4-12x40 on my S&W M&P 15 Sport.
Another plus for the Revolution, Leupold backed warranty on a made in USA scope.

Well played good sir. Well played. My particular mini is not all bad in the accuracy department. It does lack a certain badassery by not having a folding stock.

Last Edited:
I have a new Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle, that I am about to buy a new Leupold scope for. I'm set on a Leupold VX-II, but want to get thoughts on 3-9x or 4-12x. I plan on using it for coyotes and small animals, maybe deer sometime. The 4-12x is about $40 more, but in not sure I need the extra power.

Also, any thing I should do to get the most out of the rifle for accuracy?
through trial and error....I wound up with a trigger job, Hogue stock and a Leupold compact 3-9x. With Hornady 53gr V-Max it smokes critters out to 250yds...maybe better with another shooter. The trigger work will make the difference.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top