JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering mounting a red dot sight on my mini 14 .223cal rifle and was wondering what most of you folks with this rifle and sight system have chosen for the red dot sight? I would like to stay under $100 bucks if at all possible but want something reliable and durable. Thanks for any suggestions and help. George

I tried several different mounts and adapters. The best of which was poor. Anything the attaches to the factory ring slot cuts in the receiver will either work loose or won't line up right. It's the nature of the beast.
I finally got an Ultimak rail. It was perfect for my red dot. It's well made and fits snug. I only with I'd done that right off the bat.

B

I put a mini red dot on my 10/22 but I didn't believe it would provide enough fineness at 100-150 yards on my Mini. I ended up with a 2.5x Leupold in the factory rings on my Mini. Very accurate now and zeros well if I remove and reattach it. Most mini dots are 4-8" dots at 100. Not great for that distance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top