JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope I am wrong but if my old brain is in the right gear? The 182 series is a top eject, straight out to the top and right. Scopes didn't fair to well getting hit in the base or the bottom of the tube. That is why the ranch model was introduced shortly there after.

I hope I am wrong but if my old brain is in the right gear? The 182 series is a top eject, straight out to the top and right. Scopes didn't fair to well getting hit in the base or the bottom of the tube. That is why the ranch model was introduced shortly there after.
Yeah I am kinda worried about that myself. If so we will remove the scope and have a gun smith upgrade the rear sight.

There was never anything wrong with those standard peep sights. I shot many running targets at about seventy five yards using them. I probably couldn't see well enough at my age now but a larger drill bit through the blade might help and at no additional cost it might be worth a try.

Well it was a complete success. He was absolutely surprised and excited to go shoot it. Unfortunately the State of Illinois can make you wait a full 24 hours before they approve.
Will let you all know how it performs once it is realeased from People's Republic of Illinois prison...

B3380427-7511-4BAF-BA5C-E4C8CA557274.jpeg

Great story!
My parents were always frugal and Dad had used his same rifle from the late 50s until the 90s. He hadn't hunted much from the mid 80s until my uncle wanted to come out and hunt elk in the early 90s. By then eyesight meant that a scope would be very helpful, so for Christmas I gave him a scope and we attempted to mount it to his sporterized SMLE, but to no avail.
So, what do you do? Buy dad the only new rifle he's ever owned? Hell, yes!
Being able to present Dad with something he'd never done for himself was the best feeling ever. The fact that he took it to Canada and shot a trophy moose (his only trophy ever) with it two years later was just icing on the cake.
Dad's gone now, but the memory will live on forever.
I have the rifle now, but it will go to his oldest grandson (my nephew) when the time is right.

@MilitantBEEMER , good on you!