Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mini 14 Mags

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by morroad8, Aug 25, 2011.

1. morroad8

morroad8 North Bonneville, WA Member

I have some Precision Mag Industries Ruger Mini-14 mags. These mags were made to the same specs as Ruger and work just like a ruger mag. Precision Mag Industries went out of bussiness due to their high capacity mags during the ban and was never started up again.

I have 3 - 40 round mags for $27 each
    And i have 5 - 30 round mags for $22 each

I may trade for AR-15/Glock 23 items

2. morroad8

Still have these mags :)

3. morroad8

Anyone need these for their Mini?

4. morroad8

Sold some mags, more are still available. May trade for 1911 mags, AR mags, Glock mags, or who knows what :p

5. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

how many are left of what? the 30 rounders?

6. morroad8

I still have the 2 pro mags 20 rounders, 2 precision mag 30 rounders, and 3 precision mag 40 rounders

7. heisenberg

heisenberg oregon New Member

i am in oregon. could you meet somewhere around woodburn? or is that too far

8. morroad8

Sorry, that is a bit too far to drive; it would cost more in gas than shipping it. I am going to Portland today and can meet up. I am also willing to pay 1/2 the shipping charges if that helps

9. morroad8

Still for sale for those that want 'em! :)

10. morroad8

Sold some. Listing has been updated

11. morroad8

Btt

12. Awmish

Awmish Oregon City, OR Member

How old are the mags?

13. morroad8

Sorry Awmish, I do not know how old they are. I doubt there is a date on the mag, but if there is I will send you a PM with an answer

14. LDD

LDD OR Member

PM sent on the 40 rounders.

15. Awmish

Awmish Oregon City, OR Member

PM sent on the 30 rounders

16. morroad8

Hi all, Sorry for taking a while to get back. To answer some questions I have received : The mags do not really have a marking on them (the some mags still had the plastic bag noting the PMI, but those were tossed when I used them), so I know for a fact they are Precision Mag Industries. Since they do not have markings, I do not know age...newest they can be are when they went out of bussiness in the 90's.

Function: When I used them in my mini (180 series) they worked fine, not sure if any design changes have been made to the more recent mini's that would make a different, and I doubt Ruger has.

Cosmetic condition: The mags are not new, so they may have scratches from rubbing against each other in my range bag. They have not been used "tactically" (dropped on the ground), I do not see the point in that at a civilian range. The bluing itself is not pure blue like new obviously, but its not worn down to the metal and last I checked none had rust. If I mail them out, people will receive the best looking ones on a first request basis. Some have already been sold on Outdoorstrader, so please keep that in mind.

Pricing: Prices are pretty firm, I would like to break even or lose very little from what I bought them for since I have barely used them at all. Not hurting for cash that I need to sell them, but I do want space in my safes back. Worst case scenario for me would be to keep them and buy another mini down the road sometime as an "excuse" that I need the gun for these mags :D

Thanks to everyone that has been interested!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.