Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Milt Sparks VM2 question?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by tyk77781, May 14, 2011.

1. tyk77781

tyk77781 Aberdeen Member

I just received a VM2 cowhide black for my usp compact 40 and I know I have to break it in to loosen up to the gun but I carried it for a few hours and found it completely uncomfortable...... is this something that gets easier to carry when broken in?

I ordered 2 ips magazine pouches that are nice and the quality is amazing but this thing is completely uncomfortable to me I was just curious what others that own them say.....and what the best way to break this thing in is?

2. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

I have a VM2 for a 1911 Commander and find it to be very comfortable. Have you carried a USP IWB before? I'm wondering if it is just the width of the gun that is uncomfortable and not so much the holster itself. I know alot of folk prefer kydex for IWB carry because it is a thinner material and every mm counts.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

What belt are you using?

4. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Have you ever carried IWB before? If not you may have the wrong body type for IWB. The VM is the most comfortable of the lot of IWB's and in my experience fits like a well broke in pair of shoes. Sounds like your hips are wider than your waist and that is what causes so much of the discomfort. Unless of course you have it outside the IWB sweet spot.

5. tyk77781

tyk77781 Aberdeen Member

ya I readjusted my carry, and its actually alot better, and received my new belt so it's alot better......thanks for the response guys......