Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Milsurps and Surplus Ammo in Oregon?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Theonecalleddoc, May 2, 2012.

1. Theonecalleddoc

Theonecalleddoc Vernonia New Member

I'm headed home on leave in 12 days and I'll be all over the place from Astoria to Tillamook to Portland. I'll be bringing my Finnish M39 with me and will probably need to restock on ammo while I'm there, bringing me to my two questions.

1. Is there anywhere to pick up surplus ammo, specifically 7.62x54R in the northwestern part of Oregon? Or bordering Washington areas?
    2. Is there a Mosin or Milsurp group or section on these boards? I'm on Gunboards as well as this forum but those guys are a little, well... eccentric, that's the word I'll use.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

2. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I have 2-300 rounds of 7.62x54 green can ammo that I had for a Mosin I sold last year. I would be willing to part with or trade for 9mm or 380.

3. Theonecalleddoc

I'm afraid I don't have any other forms of ammo at the time. What about a cash deal? I'll pay full retail price which is about $0.17 to $0.20 a round right now.

4. RW-Ore

RW-Ore Oregon Well-Known Member

Dan Dee Sales in Sweethome has it by the spam can or wooden crate just picked up a spam can for $99,00

5. Theonecalleddoc

Might have to hit them up, doesnt looks to be to much of a detour on my way up the I5. If I have the time I'll check them out, thanks.

6. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

The Gun Broker on 82nd Pl has it but it is a bit pricey - $7.99/20 rounds. Not sure what, if any, they are selling the cans for.

7. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

Thanks for the advertisement. We also have them in 20rd boxes (paper) for $4.99 each. We also have non corrosive for a bit more.

8. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

PM me your email and we can work it out. Also I will need date to make sure I am not out of town on business

9. Theonecalleddoc

Any chance of a military discount? :) Gotta ask.

10. Ballistic

Ballistic Salem, Oregon Active Member

Check out SGAmmo.com. They are selling Russian and Bulgarian silver tip for $165 (including shipping!) for a case of 880 rounds. Comes out to 18.9 cents/round.