JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because there will be alot of people potentially armed, in a group, in public.
LOL.

(was mostly a joke about people owning guns scaring the "others")

...was mostly a joke about people owning guns scaring the "others"

Unfortunately, there's probably a lot of potential for "additional security" to be assigned to an event like this. Every time local lawmakers entertain the idea of removing one or more gun control restrictions we hear the same thing from the same people: "Dear GOD, the streets will run red with BLOOD!"

They predict shootouts over parking spaces and aggressive driving; here they will bemoan the certainty of shootouts in the porta-potty lines. Vendors will be shot over unfairly priced bottles of water. When it turns ugly (as they insist it WILL turn ugly) you'll have an angry mob already heavily armed with "high-powered" this and "high-capacity" that.

While I think calling out the NG is outrageously ridiculous, I would only be a little surprised to actually see them there. The media will focus on the potential for disaster, and then credit the high visibility of well-prepared security officers when it doesn't happen.

Unfortunately, there's probably a lot of potential for "additional security" to be assigned to an event like this. Every time local lawmakers entertain the idea of removing one or more gun control restrictions we hear the same thing from the same people: "Dear GOD, the streets will run red with BLOOD!"

They predict shootouts over parking spaces and aggressive driving; here they will bemoan the certainty of shootouts in the porta-potty lines. Vendors will be shot over unfairly priced bottles of water. When it turns ugly (as they insist it WILL turn ugly) you'll have an angry mob already heavily armed with "high-powered" this and "high-capacity" that.

While I think calling out the NG is outrageously ridiculous, I would only be a little surprised to actually see them there. The media will focus on the potential for disaster, and then credit the high visibility of well-prepared security officers when it doesn't happen.

that's kinda what I was getting at.
i don't like typing that much though. :s0155:

did'nt i float this idea 2 months ago and no one liked it?

Yeah, but you didn't say anything about Ted Nugent. NOW I'm in.

Seriously. If this is done right, it could really matter. And it might be just in time. The folks on this blog are always talking about making a difference within the system. So let's put a group together to discuss how we might set up an event in Salem or even send a contingent from our part of the country to Washington. Fundraising to pay for busses, making sure we have a spot, all the stuff that will take a year to set up. Then go.

Mr. Link, you have my commitment to help drive the bus, so to speak, on this. I'm volunteering my time and what's left of my brain. PM me if you like.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top