Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Millett scopes

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Southridge, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Southridge

Southridge Orting WA. Member

I'm trying to find out if anyone has a Millett scope and if so what is your opinion of it?

2. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a Millett DMS-1 on my Ar15 and realy like it.

3. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

+1. I have one on a Sig 556. Lens covers are cheap and it's made in China- those are my 2 biggest gripes. 1x works pretty well with both eyes open, giving me about a 5" diameter worth of accuracy w/ rapid draw at 50 yards. At 4x on a bench, the 1MOA dot is wicked accurate with the 556 using heavier ammo.

4. parsons_12b

I agree on the scope caps I replaced mine with some butler creek ones and they work well.

5. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

One quick question to the other millett owners out there...
    My elevation knob sits crooked! If you look at it from the side it leans forward, and If I spin it 180* it will lean backwards, I have loosened the hex screw and moved it, and it still sits crooked! It's not a problem except for the hash marks that let me know what rotation i'm on will go from the 3rd hash to the 4th hash and back down durring a full rotation. Anyone have this?

My second concern is the elevation hash marks between the lock ring and the knob moves left and right enough I almost cant get a positive number! it will move from right on the 0mark to 1 mark off just by moving the lock nut back and forth... Anybody notice this?

Im temped to send it in for repairs! In fact I think I will call them up today!!

Other than that, It has been an Awesome scope!!! I got mine from SWFA

Here is my setup TRS-1

IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG

I like the scope alot!!! If you get it, do yourself a favor, and get some different scope caps!!!

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

I am interested in the DMS, but it seems a bit long for a 1-4 power scope.

7. Southridge

I think that I will one I know that there are better scopes out there I have a few high end ones, and for the money the Tactical one looks like a good choice.

8. parsons_12b

Mike it is a little long but does not effect handling I would recomend putting one on a one piece mount to give you more flexibility moving it back and forth to get a comfortable position for proper eye relief.

9. Southridge

So far I'm pretty impressed that a lower end scope has all the features of a high end one. I got it mounted up and bore sighted, so I guess when I throw some lead down range I will know if it was money well spent or not.

10. krawl

krawl Oregon Member

I love myDMS-1. ADM mount and this scope make an awesome combo.

11. Southridge

I decided to try a Bobro one piece QD mount I absolutely love it it's been some time since I have seen such a nice quality part.