Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Millett scopes

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Southridge, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Southridge

Southridge Orting WA. Member

I'm trying to find out if anyone has a Millett scope and if so what is your opinion of it?

2. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a Millett DMS-1 on my Ar15 and realy like it.

3. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

+1. I have one on a Sig 556. Lens covers are cheap and it's made in China- those are my 2 biggest gripes. 1x works pretty well with both eyes open, giving me about a 5" diameter worth of accuracy w/ rapid draw at 50 yards. At 4x on a bench, the 1MOA dot is wicked accurate with the 556 using heavier ammo.

4. parsons_12b

I agree on the scope caps I replaced mine with some butler creek ones and they work well.

5. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

One quick question to the other millett owners out there...
    My elevation knob sits crooked! If you look at it from the side it leans forward, and If I spin it 180* it will lean backwards, I have loosened the hex screw and moved it, and it still sits crooked! It's not a problem except for the hash marks that let me know what rotation i'm on will go from the 3rd hash to the 4th hash and back down durring a full rotation. Anyone have this?

My second concern is the elevation hash marks between the lock ring and the knob moves left and right enough I almost cant get a positive number! it will move from right on the 0mark to 1 mark off just by moving the lock nut back and forth... Anybody notice this?

Im temped to send it in for repairs! In fact I think I will call them up today!!

Other than that, It has been an Awesome scope!!! I got mine from SWFA

Here is my setup TRS-1

IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG

I like the scope alot!!! If you get it, do yourself a favor, and get some different scope caps!!!

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

I am interested in the DMS, but it seems a bit long for a 1-4 power scope.

7. Southridge

I think that I will one I know that there are better scopes out there I have a few high end ones, and for the money the Tactical one looks like a good choice.

8. parsons_12b

Mike it is a little long but does not effect handling I would recomend putting one on a one piece mount to give you more flexibility moving it back and forth to get a comfortable position for proper eye relief.

9. Southridge

So far I'm pretty impressed that a lower end scope has all the features of a high end one. I got it mounted up and bore sighted, so I guess when I throw some lead down range I will know if it was money well spent or not.

10. krawl

krawl Oregon Member

I love myDMS-1. ADM mount and this scope make an awesome combo.

11. Southridge

I decided to try a Bobro one piece QD mount I absolutely love it it's been some time since I have seen such a nice quality part.