JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am not sure where to post this but I've lived on the mountain all my life, now in Oregon City. I still come up to the mountain because it's all I can get to without a truck and the ranges and clubs want a small fortune to use their facility.

This last weekend I drove up to Miller Rd, I was also there about 3 weeks ago. Last time the sign on the gate had the 2016 changed to 2018, so if you go by that it says no shooting until 3pm all days and there was a cutoff like 8pm I forgot. But this weekend the 8's had been ripped off, I am not sure if this is vandalism but it could get people in trouble.

Also both times I noticed that there are now targets stuck to live trees and just off the road so people are shooting into the woods with no backstop. This is incredibly dangerous and wreckless.

And lastly there is an incredible amount of trash in there. I think I counted 3 TVs, and lots of bottles including glass.

In closing I would like to put together some volunteers and a truck or two and get the key to the gate and spend an afternoon cleaning the area up so it doesn't get shut down. Also I'd like to either call the authority or the office in Salem listed on the sign and see if we can get signs or directions where not to shoot and where is ok. I don't want to get this place shut down but it needs to be fixed. Any ideas, help, and input would be appreciated.

Thanks to this thread, by @Delasangre4231 , he and I have been conversing in private conversation and we've put together a cleanup for June 23rd. We also got permission from the private land owner, below the BLM Miller Quarry, to enter his property and do a cleanup there as well. We're trying to help the land owner, and the community, by promoting responsible and safe shooting at this location. It's a touchy area because of residents complaints of noise, trespassing and trash. It sounds like a problem, but I see it as a challenge!

Events & Get Togethers section: Milller Quarry Cleanup, Welches OR, June 23, 2018.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top