JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got ahead of myself and ordered a Bulgarian milled parts kit from Cope's (Linky). I figured I could get plans or a model for a milled reciever anywhere. Nope. I can't even find any for sale anywhere online. Does anyone have access to milled reciever sources? I have worked all my google-fu and cannot come up with anything other than Lancaster and there is a whole hate blog (clicky) on Lancaster and it makes me nervous about purchasing from them.

Thanks

Thanks, but I found those sites already. They are sold out with no eta on starting back up in production. It's too bad i can't find a good blueprint, because I would just mill my own.

Depending on your skill set, you could also watch the sale sections on some of the AK boards like <broken link removed> for a take off front/rear stub...get your self of set of side plates from <broken link removed> and put a receiver together...

I dont have the skills but Matt built my T3 and it turned out great....

Now thinking out loud, I don't know how correct you want your rifle to be, nor do I know if the original rifle had a threaded or press/pin barrel......BUT since the kit you ordered is missing the barrel and trunion...you will have better luck finding a press/pin front take off trunion with a US barrel than finding a front stub from a milled kit which would need the barrel threaded if the journal was the correct size.

How does one do this? buy a front and rear trunnion?

Generally milled AKs have a threaded barrel and are timed to the receiver, and the receiver/front/rear trunnion are all one piece. Since the OP bought a kit missing the barrel, front/rear trunnion, it will be easier to find a stamped front trunnion/rear trunnion and then install his parts from the kit on a new US barrel which will press into the stamped trunnion , then to find a take off threaded barrel and threaded front trunnion....depending on the OPs kit (as pictured a under folder) rear trunnions are floating around and a stamped receiver is easy to drill, a milled receiver as the OP is finding is hard to come by....only parts I really see not fitting from his milled kit is the lower handguard.

Examples:
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews