Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Milled AK47 Build

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Chugger, May 22, 2013.

1. Chugger

Chugger Central Oregon Member

So I got ahead of myself and ordered a Bulgarian milled parts kit from Cope's (Linky). I figured I could get plans or a model for a milled reciever anywhere. Nope. I can't even find any for sale anywhere online. Does anyone have access to milled reciever sources? I have worked all my google-fu and cannot come up with anything other than Lancaster and there is a whole hate blog (clicky) on Lancaster and it makes me nervous about purchasing from them.

Thanks

2. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

cncwarrior.com

3. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

4. Chugger

Thanks, but I found those sites already. They are sold out with no eta on starting back up in production. It's too bad i can't find a good blueprint, because I would just mill my own.

5. dracozny

dracozny Oregon Member

6. wayoutwest

Depending on your skill set, you could also watch the sale sections on some of the AK boards like The AK Forum for a take off front/rear stub...get your self of set of side plates from Matt Yeaman and put a receiver together...

I dont have the skills but Matt built my T3 and it turned out great....

7. Chugger

Thanks WOW That is exactly what I was looking for!

8. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

Matt turbothis did my Hungarian milled set up and it was beauty in itself.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

wayoutwest and (deleted member) like this.
  9. wayoutwest

Now thinking out loud, I don't know how correct you want your rifle to be, nor do I know if the original rifle had a threaded or press/pin barrel......BUT since the kit you ordered is missing the barrel and trunion...you will have better luck finding a press/pin front take off trunion with a US barrel than finding a front stub from a milled kit which would need the barrel threaded if the journal was the correct size.

10. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

^^^

Build it as a stamped rifle since you don't have a milled barrel.

11. JungleBoy

JungleBoy Woodburn OR Member

How does one do this? buy a front and rear trunnion?

12. wayoutwest

Generally milled AKs have a threaded barrel and are timed to the receiver, and the receiver/front/rear trunnion are all one piece. Since the OP bought a kit missing the barrel, front/rear trunnion, it will be easier to find a stamped front trunnion/rear trunnion and then install his parts from the kit on a new US barrel which will press into the stamped trunnion , then to find a take off threaded barrel and threaded front trunnion....depending on the OPs kit (as pictured a under folder) rear trunnions are floating around and a stamped receiver is easy to drill, a milled receiver as the OP is finding is hard to come by....only parts I really see not fitting from his milled kit is the lower handguard.

Examples:
    Maadi trunnion
    US barrel
    underfolder trunnion