JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My mill has a x-y table. Just looking for decent true vise

Are you talking an X-Y vise for a drill press?

image.jpeg

Cool, I was going to tell you that I got my X-Y vise at Harbor Freight. I have a vise similar your's but you can not bolt it down. I use it all the time. Thought I could help.

Ya looking for a precision vise with less then 001 run out. Like a Kurt or something close to it. I've heard the older ones are better. Thanks for trying.

Cool, I was going to tell you that I got my X-Y vise at Harbor Freight. I have a vise similar your's but you can not bolt it down. I use it all the time. Thought I could help.

yeah they are great vises although I haven't used hard steel jaws in ages. I do have a small surface grinder to make them flat if needed.

I have a couple sets of parallel blocks I use now on a cheap mill vise I have. Just looking for a good deal on a nice mill vise. Almost all the kurt's and Wilton's have removable jaws to replace them. From 2" to 10".

yeah they are great vises although I haven't used hard steel jaws in ages. I do have a small surface grinder to make them flat if needed.

Buy a used older Kurt and rebuild it if needed. The rebuild kits are reasonable.
I went with a Kurt clone years ago--it was W-A-Y off of flat and parallel.
Luckily I had access to a surface grinder.
Thinking of picking up a small Kurt now for pistol slide work---

Hard to find without the prices being so close to a new one.

Buy a used older Kurt and rebuild it if needed. The rebuild kits are reasonable.
I went with a Kurt clone years ago--it was W-A-Y off of flat and parallel.
Luckily I had access to a surface grinder.
Thinking of picking up a small Kurt now for pistol slide work---

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top