Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Militia rising!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by clearconscience, Oct 24, 2012.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Please tell me someone else is watching militia rising on the discovery channele right now?!

I love the idea but the get these jokers, so funny

2. clearconscience

The guy from florida with "military" experience leading the training.
    Starts telling his story. He was in the Army, graduated basic, grad from Airborne school, and then snapped his legs in several places in a rapelling accident and was discharged. Starts telling how he joined this group to be a part of somethig bigger than himself, helping others, etc and started crying!!!!!

3. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Yea, I am watching also, and I was optimistic for the first five minutes - but it went downhill soon after that. I am trying to figure these people out - too old for the boy scouts, rifted, not fit or for whatever reasons could not get in the military or simply lonely and looking for a family. If these people are representative of survival groups, militias or whatever else they may call themselves - count me out.

4. clearconscience

I dropped my gun! Bhwuhahahahahaha!!!

I always thought something like this was a good idea. Get a bunch of like minded individuals together planning for natural disasters, meet up locations, planning, learning survival techniques, etc.

But all these shows make me never want to do that for the fear these are the people we would attract.

I was in a search and rescue explorer post when I was a kid and we always had a few of these guys. GI Joe types, Mall Ninjas, Military rejects. We all know a few.

5. RVTECH

So have I but it always comes down the majority being the types portrayed in this show. Heck I remember my first 'interest' in a militia organization was in the late 70's and I was actually at the point of going to meetings, meetups for shooting and while they were not nearly as 'militant' as the examples in this show (and some others) the people I met were of similar 'persona' as the ones in the show(s) - and I was an impressionable teen back then and yet I saw it. A couple months ago a coworker was invited to a 'prepper' show put on by a well known retailer of firearm related gear and products here in Central Oregon. He went with an open mind and with somewhat of an interest in preparedness but came out of it with a less than positive impression of those in attendance. He felt he was one of a few 'mainstream' people in attendance.

6. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

On a certain level I find the militaristic way in which they "prepare" disturbing. It's like a bunch of military wanna be's. I'm all for learning about survival and preparedness but it seems like thes guys are just wanting to play army. I mean, really 400 pound fat guy, why the need for MARPAT cammo?

Grunwald, locobob, 1stIDFMP and 3 others like this.
  7. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Oye. The one newbie says "I've never fired a AK 47 type gun and then the magazine fell out." True enough, the mag did fall out ..... of an AR 15. I'd avoid those numbnuts like the plague.

ETA: You gotta be effing kidding me. The Indiana guys are just a bunch of Airsoft commandos.

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

A show like this has a purpose. To guide the cattle back into the herd and portray anyone who doesn't go along to get along as a kook. Same with Doomsday Preppers and the like.

Show toothless uneducated hics, don't show doctors, engineers, and professionals that think for themselves.

The boob tube is poison. You are spoon fed corp/gov propaganda 24/7 and then are expected to be able to reason basics things through. It doesn't work that way. The base message presented is it is a scary, terrifying world out there; here are what the bad guys are doing; now here is what government is trying to do to help you. You are weak and need help. Repeated over and over and over again. Don't believe that? Watch the 10:00 news and see for yourself.

Don't become independent. Don't think for yourself. You are weak. Let the authority figures and adults do the thinking why you go relax and have a beer. Xfactor is on.

That constant brainwashing made 9.11 possible.

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

You are a complete nut.....but not without some merit.
    And entertainment value:thumbup:

(I agree whole heatedly on the boobtube part)

10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I just turned on the 10 o'clock news at 10:05. Of course, the phony bomb plot story (see final link)!

(Channel 12)

Next story, how DHS is funding tons of operations to stop bad guys.

Now, a guy with an AK-47 that went nuts because a Mexican took his job.

Then, a crazy guy in a truck tearing up a park.

It never ends ..... fear fear fear .... but don't worry. Police/gov are here to save you.

(All the above in under 4 mins flat) - now turning it off.

Enlightened/informed people (the 2%) wonder why the masses can be so 'stupid' or 'ignorant' - How can they ignore physics and indisputable facts? No, that is not the case. Not stupid. Deluded and deceived; and often proud of it.

http://occupycorporatism.com/fbi-re...ndian-student-in-phony-terroristic-bomb-plot/

11. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Serious individual would not be on a show like that, just like someone with half a brain but going through a difficult phase of his/her life would not see help on the Dr. Phil show.

12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I ran into these guys in the early '80s at a Veterans day service at the Vets Memorial across from the PDX zoo. These fellows were in immaculate khakis, perfectly pressed and they were shined up like a lords doorknob except they wore these funny looking patches and berets! They were standing around at parade rest and looking all hard corps! After the service I asked them just what they might be. The Oregon Militia I was told, and they were recruiting new members but because of security issues they really couldn't tell me much about said organization! It was all very secret, hush hush! I managed not to laugh at them but I did get a sneer in the most obnoxious gent's face. I'm not proud of that, it was pretty much like puppy kicking but couldn't be helped. As I remember there were a couple of really heavy ones, a few near midgets and one guy that seemed to have muscles. What a bunch of odd jobs! Stayed a long way from that bunch ever after.

13. RVTECH

Who calls himself a 'Colonel' and said he "Eats, sleeps and breaths this stuff" I can' t imagine too many doctors, engineers, and professionals wanting to align themselves with this mentality.

14. newtoynwfa

newtoynwfa WA Member

If you want to play and/or pretend to be a soldier, join the military and serve your country. I watched the show, what a bunch of rednecks.

15. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

I accidentally came across this show last night, on the History Channel (it ain't what it used to be....). First thing I noticed was all of the overweight "commandos" wearing camo fatigues (I'm thinking they were made from GP Mediums). Noticed they had shoulder tabs on their left shoulders, I think I noticed some wearing patches on their right shoulders as well (does this mean how many "combat beer runs" they've made?). Quickly changed the channel..............

16. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

I am so happy to not have a TV and be able to avoid such nightmares....