JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My question is why does the FEDERAL govt own so much land....or any for that matter?

I thought this land is my land, this land is your land?

Nevada
84.5%
Alaska
69.1%
Utah
57.5%
Oregon
53.1%
Idaho
50.2%
Arizona
48.1%
California
45.3%
Wyoming
42.3%
New Mexico
41.8%
Colorado
36.6%
Washington
30.3%
Montana
29.9%
Hawaii
19.4%

Under those stats I don't how much is federal versus state owned.

I just looked at the map and I honestly don't know why so much is owned by the federal government except for perhaps funding.

I think if those properties are turned over to the state - hunting will be greatly reduced due to those areas then being sold off by the states. Gun ownership will go down - gun control will have advanced. Its my guess - could be wrong.

The plot sickens. If in fact, Reid and Neil Kornze (BLM Director) are, were or going to, sell or lease the Nevada property to the Chinese to build solar power stations…God help them! This is the unequivocal fleecing of our country by corporations and this foul government!
Will

Last Edited:
Does Bundy have a title or a deed to the property - if not to me he is nothing more than a squatter. To me he wants to control of a piece of property that he has no legal right to just because he and his family has had the privilege of using it for decades does not mean he has the right to use it forever. Using armed force to take over property that does belong to you is stealing in my opinion.

Soooo-----when the government does it, takes property using armed force (eminent domain) for some
project-----is that stealing too? They have been at it for a L-O-N-G time and apparently it's legal.

Unless I missed something the guy stopped paying for the right to graze cattle on property he didnt own. To simplify it, it's no different than not paying rent on the house you live in, no rent payment, no more get to live there. If you have more cattle than you can support on your own land you pay to graze them somewhere else, whether it's your neighbor or the government.

So then why would hundreds of people show up to help him? If we lived there, and understand the situation better, I think we'd feel like bundy has an argument. AL Bundy would be proud!

I consider it so - I support property rights as stated earlier. The problem is that Bundy doesn't own the property. If he did I would feel different about it and actually be supporting him.

So Bundy should be able to prove that - even his wife stated that they down own the property - they own the water rights. However if it was purchased he should be able to prove it. It should be recorded and if it isn't - at best its his word which carries no legal weight that I know of.

Anyone here actually know the law behind land in the public domain?

Here is a brief preview of my readings since this all started. That and living there since birth I've learned a few things about BLM.

Most BLM land exists due to taxation law.

Rewind a hundred years or so. When states were becoming states. There was a lot of land in the western states that was unclaimed. This land was then issued to the state as per it's becoming a state and it was not privately claimed.

Many states governments did not want to pay the federal government tax on this land.

In there own loophole they created public land. Which was technically a way out of anyone paying for said land. It became the land owned by the public domain of the United States of America. BLM is just the agency created to enforce the BS laws our government is forcing down our throats. The land itself should be referred to as public land.

Certain laws were put in place too at that time. Laws allowing folks to use this land for water, grazing, mining, etc.

Fast forward a few decades.

People started using this land as per how the government set it up.

Government got wind that these folks were using the land for profit. Then instituted fees, licenses, etc. On land they DO NOT OWN.

Being good old boys and not wanting to deal with intimidation or get into trouble. We paid those fines. For instance the BS law created in the last few years in NV to register off road vehicles when using BLM land.

Again these things are illegal as they do not own the land.

Basically everyone thinks the Feds own BLM, they are wrong. They do not have any sort of title to the land what so ever. Neither do the states that went along with the tax scheme.

So basically we have a government entity bullying us little idiots into paying out are bums since they want to profit from land they don't own once they saw there was a profit to be had.

Fast forward to now. People are looking into laws behind what is referred to BLM land and who actually owns it.

This is a good thing. Those who think the Bundy's are cheating the system are just uninformed.

Sadly this war on public land is not just happening in NV. It is happening everywhere. The governments are using intimidation and our ignorance to sweep up all this land.

Not to mention the media aiding in portraying this land as in fact government owned land.

As for the showing of militias and such. I feel that lots of folks truly hopes that this would have been the beginning of a revolution. I think we one this battle. The war on the other hand we are losing.

Rant out!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads