JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never ever ever fire a warning shot. Personally I would have also waited for him to actually have broken in before firing and that shot would go into center mass. Unless he had a gun because he wouldn't have to actually break in to hurt or kill you.

One of the first things my dad taught me about self defense with lethal force ( after safe firearm handling, age 8) if you ever feel you have to defend your home make sure the mess is inside the threshold, followed by dead men tell no lies. Also be courteous, but have a plan to dispatch anyone who threatens you.

Homey don't play that!!! The only warning shot I'll give is going to be in their chest!!! I also refuse to live in an apartment (I know some don't have a choice) because of the ordinances regarding firearms. My neighbors will be calling afterwards asking "Did ya git em, how many & did ya call the coroner or the Sheriff?" !!!

That's some garbage. He was doing exactly what he was trained to do. Although it is true but this whole gun grabbing thing is getting out of control. It's ridiculous that police are looking for anything to take our guns. I think they're trying to make it seem like owning gun is a privilege. It's a right you have from birth in this country.

is that ...

it is never...never...ever .... appropriate to fire a warning shot.

Ever.

Firing a "warning shot" is using lethal force. It doesn't matter where the gun was aimed or your intent. It will be seen as use of deadly force. Thus, you will need to demonstrate that you had legal justification for using deadly force.

If you did NOT have reason to use deadly force, you are in deep doo-doo as this man is in.

If you DID have legal justification to use deadly force, which meant that you or another innocent person was in immediate, imminent danger of death or grave bodily harm, you should not be wasting ammo or time with warning shots.

Unfortunately this guy appears to have gotten it wrong and will pay a substantial price.

Know the law.

His defense should be, "I was operating under the specific direction of the Vice President of the United States".

And then call Joe Biden as an "expert witness".

This will not end well for him in the current climate. I'm sure the media will play it up as another madman with a gun.

I like the approach .... *chuckle* ....although I think he would stand a better chance with that defense had he used a double barrel shotgun.

We could call it .... "The Biden Defense" ... .which would no doubt go down in history with the likes of the "Twinkie Defense"...

His defense should be, "I was operating under the specific direction of the Vice President of the United States".

And then call Joe Biden as an "expert witness".

This will not end well for him in the current climate. I'm sure the media will play it up as another madman with a gun.

Man defended himself from a criminal adequately, now he is the criminal.

Lesson: in the eyes of the police and the state, SOMEONE is always the criminal. It seems that it's literally impossible for them to respond to a call nowadays without finding a crime and someone to charge with it - notice how I phrased that.

bubblegum these Medford police.

Medford was pretty bad 20 years ago, not sure about now. Back in 1992 and 93 , I got pulled over by the police 22 times, searched my vehicle 4 times. Out of all these stops and searches, I think I got 2 brake light fix it tickets, and 1 headlight out ticket. It also seemed like there were a lot of patrol cars, with nothing better to do.

That's some garbage. He was doing exactly what he was trained to do. Although it is true but this whole gun grabbing thing is getting out of control. It's ridiculous that police are looking for anything to take our guns. I think they're trying to make it seem like owning gun is a privilege. It's a right you have from birth in this country.

Yeah, did the guy hurt anyone? Did he cause someones property to be damaged? If so does the property owner want to prosecute?

How about just giving the guy a warning? Cops used to do that, hey the good cops still do.

This is why most schools teach us to seek verbal compliance.

Personally I took back the guns I gave my parents, exactly to avoid this scenario. Until my parents and family complete proper training to a DH1-type level, I don't want them running around giving warning shots, firing at the leg or not seeking verbal compliance.

I would agree with one of the first posts, my dad started taking me shooting around 6-7 years old. He always told me if you ever have to pull a gun on someone make sure you kill them.
That always stuck with me more than anything.

Should of kept his mouth shut, asked for a lawyer, he totally incriminated himself.

Could of claimed later that it was a negligent discharge. Or forced the state to prove otherwise.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top