JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My point is that I would rather we didn't place anyone in the position of being at risk of danger to life or limb

Where do we sit and hold hands and sing Comb bye ya

Last Edited:
The problem is, these laws started because of the disregard of the average smoker to smoke whenever and wherever they pleased. I remember being the only non-smoker in the manuevering room (reactor control center on a sub) surrounded by three other engineers each chain-puffing away for 6 hours at a stretch on giant stogies.

Keith

am still trying to think of specific examples from my life where a smoker cost more than a $100k.
-My grandfather died of a heart attack in his mid 70's. No extra insurance cost
-My uncle also died in his 70's from cancer. They didn't bother operating so no extra cost.
-Grandma died from cancer and had treatment for all of 2 months. So the $100k in medical care for 2 months was $14k.

Extra costs is a bunch of BS. Smokers die sooner and save the US as a whole, more money than if they were healthy. It is about controlling others and forcing them to comply with what the govt thinks is best.

My daughter served 3 tours in Iraq. {Marine Corps} I would love to see you tell her she would have been a better fighting force, if she did not smoke. Good luck with that one. In process of stomping your guts out, she probably would have had a smoke. I personally would never tell a man or woman on the street what they can, or can not do, that's their business. But I would never make the mistake to tell military personnel they can not smoke, I value my body to much. They have earned that right to smoke, drink, and cuss. The government has no business telling them what they can not do. Neither do you!. P.s my daughter does not smoke anymore, that was not based on the government, nor the public deciding for her. She made that choice on her own accord. Do you get it?

My daughter served 3 tours in Iraq. {Marine Corps} I would love to see you tell her she would have been a better fighting force, if she did not smoke. Good luck with that one. In process of stomping your guts out, she probably would have had a smoke. I personally would never tell a man or woman on the street what they can, or can not do, that's their business. But I would never make the mistake to tell military personnel they can not smoke, I value my body to much. They have earned that right to smoke, drink, and cuss. The government has no business telling them what they can not do. Neither do you!. P.s my daughter does not smoke anymore, that was not based on the government, nor the public deciding for her. She made that choice on her own accord. Do you get it?
Let me add that we the people chose no government health care act. Guess that choice was taken from us too.
On an off note, Washington had this Prussian general named Von Steuben and he did much to help us in our time of need. He had this to say about American's
"You say to your soldier 'Do this' and he does it. But I am obliged to say to the American 'This is why you ought to do this' and then he does it. "
Baron von Steuben

I think that spirit is alive and well!

The problem is, these laws started because of the disregard of the average smoker to smoke whenever and wherever they pleased. I remember being the only non-smoker in the manuevering room (reactor control center on a sub) surrounded by three other engineers each chain-puffing away for 6 hours at a stretch on giant stogies.

Keith
I agree that there was a time when smokers were inconsiderate to others. But that is becoming the exception today. I recall an electrician on our boat that once complained of having to clean smoke stains off the walls, even though he didn't smoke. I no longer smoke, but when I did, I became very much aware of the impact of my habit on others, and acted accordingly.

When in the Navy I told my Chief I wouldn't pick up cig butts because I didn't smoke. He respected that and I was not part of that cleaning detail.

ha - I just logged in to start a thread about whiny self righteous non smokers. Im going to read the thread and then revert with my story from this morning.

Well my story doesn't fit with the thread but the military guys don't get an opinion. SO wants a self righteous complainer to pick up butts, maybe its to teach you a lesson to shut your mouth.

Last Edited:
When in the Navy I told my Chief I wouldn't pick up cig butts because I didn't smoke. He respected that and I was not part of that cleaning detail.

You are lucky he didn't ______, oh right, you were in the Navy.... J/K

Seriously folks, I have smoked since I was 13 yo, I'm a military brat and all the males in the family smoked. I have quit many times but getting fat was not an option so I started up again.
What really chaps my hide are those people who think that they can tell me, and others like me, what WE can't do!!! This is America, if you can't provide something positive, LEAVE... Stay out of our lives!!! I am not the one who blew smoke in your face during your childhood or the prom!!!

Just a rant, carry on...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews