JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picking a friend up at PDX, have a few hours to kill in Portland...

Can anyone recommend a gun shop that carries surplus or imported military rifles/pistols and/or ammo? Not really looking for black gun/tacticool or hunting stuff, mostly used guns.

Do not go to the Gun Room on SE Foster ave, unless you like being treated like an idiot.
If you are thinking other gun shops suck go there. You will realize how bad a place can be. Ask about getting a plastic gun, they really like their Glocks.:s0114:

Keiths has a great selection. When I need something not normally stocked on the west side they worth the drive across town. I went into the Gun Room exactly once and was scolded for asking about a specific firearm. I believe the actual reply went something like "We don't sell crap like that here." We left.

The Gun Brokers are always well supplied and relatively pleasant to deal with.

Fisherman Marine has a good selection but tend to priced on the high side so proceed with caution.

-sbc

Fisherman Marine has a good selection but tend to priced on the high side so proceed with caution.

-sbc
But, when they do have a sale on a particular firearm, they tend to have some really good deals. (i.e. XD's for $400, S&W M&P AR15-22 $400, Sig Mosquito / Walter P22 w/ brick of ammo $289 / $299 , etc.)

West side need a a shop with large (Keiths like) selection and decent pricing. I have a place down the street from me but limited selection and high prices. Funny thing is "Discount" is in their name.

Do not go to the Gun Room on SE Foster ave, unless you like being treated like an idiot.

Whatever the Gun Room has is stock is the most desirable firearm ever made, and their prices reflect that.

$950 M1 Carbines? Yes they have those. Apparently each one was carried by Audie Murphy and John Wayne and well worth the price. $1150 M4 style Bushmasters? Got those too. I think it's the rifle that Seal Team 6 used to kill OBL or something.

H

Whatever the Gun Room has is stock is the most desirable firearm ever made, and their prices reflect that.
$950 M1 Carbines? Yes they have those. Apparently each one was carried by Audie Murphy and John Wayne and well worth the price. $1150 M4 style Bushmasters? Got those too. I think it's the rifle that Seal Team 6 used to kill OBL or something.
I herniated myself from laughing so hard...I love the Gun Room horror stories.

The last time I was there a old man sitting on a stool by the door next to the counter somehow sparked a conversation with my uncle, to which asked what kind of pistol he had (which was a full size XD.) The old man replied with some condescending remark about xd's and then challenged my uncle to a shoot-off. The challenge would be to stand at the door and shoot at the fire hydrant across the street.

Being a responsible firearm owner and not willing to lose his right to own a firearm, my uncle respectively declined. The old man persisted and inclined to tell him that xd's aren't accurate past 10 feet and that his .22lr could hit a quarter at 200 yards. Needless to say I put down the $2000 Winchester I was looking at (it apparently belonged to Theodore Roosevelt based on the price and the horrible condition) and left immediately. The last thing I want to be around is a maniacal/senile pistol wielding old timer who's dead set on having a shooting competition in the middle of town.

I herniated myself from laughing so hard...I love the Gun Room horror stories.

The last time I was there a old man sitting on a stool by the door next to the counter somehow sparked a conversation with my uncle, to which asked what kind of pistol he had (which was a full size XD.) The old man replied with some condescending remark about xd's and then challenged my uncle to a shoot-off. The challenge would be to stand at the door and shoot at the fire hydrant across the street.

Hit a quarter at 200 yards w/ a 22LR pistol? Absolutely absurd!!! One of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Did anyone check the fire hydrant for bullet holes? Who knows how long that old codger has been sitting there making challenges like that. But I bet he practices when nobody's looking.

+1 on North West Armoury. Visiting for the first time a few years back they were n x helpful when they found out I was a furriner. I plan to go there this time and spend some $$$ on the stuff that I CAN actually buy to bring back here to yUK.

tac

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top