Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Military Surplus gun shops in Portland

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by Aero Denezol, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol Salem Active Member

Picking a friend up at PDX, have a few hours to kill in Portland...

Can anyone recommend a gun shop that carries surplus or imported military rifles/pistols and/or ammo? Not really looking for black gun/tacticool or hunting stuff, mostly used guns.

2. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Well if you're out in East portland try to stop by NW armory for guns/rifles or even gun broker (either tigard or clackamas).

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Keiths in Gresham would be semi-close to PDX and have quite a few used guns in stock.

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Do not go to the Gun Room on SE Foster ave, unless you like being treated like an idiot.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

If you are thinking other gun shops suck go there. You will realize how bad a place can be. Ask about getting a plastic gun, they really like their Glocks.:laugh:

6. SBC97281

SBC97281 Oregon Active Member

Keiths has a great selection. When I need something not normally stocked on the west side they worth the drive across town. I went into the Gun Room exactly once and was scolded for asking about a specific firearm. I believe the actual reply went something like "We don't sell crap like that here." We left.

The Gun Brokers are always well supplied and relatively pleasant to deal with.

Fisherman Marine has a good selection but tend to priced on the high side so proceed with caution.

-sbc

7. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

But, when they do have a sale on a particular firearm, they tend to have some really good deals. (i.e. XD's for $400, S&W M&P AR15-22 $400, Sig Mosquito / Walter P22 w/ brick of ammo $289 / $299 , etc.)

8. rickthecabbie

rickthecabbie Beaverton Member

I hear he has a great stock of AK47s too.

9. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Yup!
    And they were "hand picked" for Warren by M T. Kalashnikov himself!

10. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

West side need a a shop with large (Keiths like) selection and decent pricing. I have a place down the street from me but limited selection and high prices. Funny thing is "Discount" is in their name.

11. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

Whatever the Gun Room has is stock is the most desirable firearm ever made, and their prices reflect that.

$950 M1 Carbines? Yes they have those. Apparently each one was carried by Audie Murphy and John Wayne and well worth the price. $1150 M4 style Bushmasters? Got those too. I think it's the rifle that Seal Team 6 used to kill OBL or something.

H

12. 8ball29

8ball29 Oregon Coast Member

I herniated myself from laughing so hard...I love the Gun Room horror stories.

The last time I was there a old man sitting on a stool by the door next to the counter somehow sparked a conversation with my uncle, to which asked what kind of pistol he had (which was a full size XD.) The old man replied with some condescending remark about xd's and then challenged my uncle to a shoot-off. The challenge would be to stand at the door and shoot at the fire hydrant across the street.

Being a responsible firearm owner and not willing to lose his right to own a firearm, my uncle respectively declined. The old man persisted and inclined to tell him that xd's aren't accurate past 10 feet and that his .22lr could hit a quarter at 200 yards. Needless to say I put down the $2000 Winchester I was looking at (it apparently belonged to Theodore Roosevelt based on the price and the horrible condition) and left immediately. The last thing I want to be around is a maniacal/senile pistol wielding old timer who's dead set on having a shooting competition in the middle of town.

13. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

Shameless self-promotion: Applied for my FFL this week, and hoping to be selling in our shop in Vancouver within 2 months.

14. Aero Denezol

Hit a quarter at 200 yards w/ a 22LR pistol? Absolutely absurd!!! One of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Did anyone check the fire hydrant for bullet holes? Who knows how long that old codger has been sitting there making challenges like that. But I bet he practices when nobody's looking.

15. Withemsgunshop

Withemsgunshop Murphy, Oregon New Member

You Dont beleave him?????????

16. Aero Denezol

I believe... I believe this man may be the deadliest pistoleer in the world. Perhaps..

17. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

+1 on North West Armoury. Visiting for the first time a few years back they were n x helpful when they found out I was a furriner. I plan to go there this time and spend some $$$ on the stuff that I CAN actually buy to bring back here to yUK.

tac

18. Withemsgunshop

Withemsgunshop Murphy, Oregon New Member

Tac you might find a luger or two........

19. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

You cannot beat the "Gunbroker" Clackamas for variety, price and scenery.

20. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

I agree. Lots of "eye candy". And there a couple nice looking girls in there as well.