JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They didn't mention the U.S.A.F. or U.S.M.C. in the contract awarding, I thought this was a multi agency contract, which for the A.F. and Corps would be in breach of contract with Colt! Interesting!

Let's see...

1911 - 75 years of service
M9 - 30 years of service
P320 - 15 years of service (my prediction)

They should just go back to the 1911 design, provide variants, double stack, single stack, rail, no rail, 5", 4.25" and 3.5"

Just my opinion...

I agree, it should be a 1911, preferably a Kimber since Colt died out of the market. But if it wasn't going to be a 1911, SIG was the next best choice. SIG should have gotten it the first time but they priced themselves out of the competition.

I agree, it should be a 1911, preferably a Kimber since Colt died out of the market. But if it wasn't going to be a 1911, SIG was the next best choice. SIG should have gotten it the first time but they priced themselves out of the competition.

Because all the current Kimbers are such great pistols? :rolleyes:

SIG is no slouch and the 320 is nicely modular (although you can't switch between .45 ACP and the other calibers).

I probably will not get one though, despite the MHS - my P229 has spoiled me and I just do not care for striker fired handguns anymore if I have a choice.

Colt has the current USMC pistol contract, so... not exactly "died out in the market." And today's Kimbers are not worthy of the company name, or heritage.

IMG_1687.JPG

I personally think it's great the Sig has been awarded the contract. In my opinion they have been pushing the regs with the arm brace and the MPX with the long muzzle break that could be turned into a suppressor with the right paperwork. They even sued the ATF. We need more manufactures that will stand up for our rights. Just my two cents.

I say good for the Army and good for Sig. They are made here in the USA most likely. I went with the Sig 2022 like the tank bragade . I would bet they have less woman and newbs to train. Almost went striker fired but no ones enough. Never had a ftf or problem yet with either Sig. Glock fanboys will be holding a protest in downtown Portland. Flooding may accur.

Good god! I hope it's been vastly improved since the Sig P250.
Worst pistol I've ever fired, they should've named it the SIG POS250.
Couldn't believe it was from the same company that made my P226.

I say good for the Army and good for Sig. They are made here in the USA most likely. I went with the Sig 2022 like the tank bragade . I would bet they have less woman and newbs to train. Almost went striker fired but no ones enough. Never had a ftf or problem yet with either Sig. Glock fanboys will be holding a protest in downtown Portland. Flooding may accur.
Apparently you've confused us with the jobless tree huggers... was it my manbun ;)

I personally think it's great the Sig has been awarded the contract. In my opinion they have been pushing the regs with the arm brace and the MPX with the long muzzle break that could be turned into a suppressor with the right paperwork. They even sued the ATF. We need more manufactures that will stand up for our rights. Just my two cents.

This is a fantastic point. Good for Sig!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top